Elon Musk launches Neurolink, a venture to merge the human brain with AI

EunSoo

As good as augmenting the human brain with AI, or slowly converting our bodies to machines might sound... Ive seen too much Ghost in the Shell to know how bad of an idea that can be for anything other then medical necessity.
(... do yourself a favor if you haven't and watch a few of the "Stand alone" episodes of the first season. Its good, even non anime fans can agree.)

Well, I would do it if it wasn't too expensive and I got smarter :)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

This is Ex Machina all over again

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

*Cough* Mass effect Andromeda *Cough*

"SAM is that you?"

"Yes, Ryder."

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

7 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

That's just the estimates I've been seeing, they're probably way optimistic but it's really not going to be far off. It just takes a couple breakthroughs and we'll be there. I believe that estimate is more relating to us having access to computers powerful enough to do it, rather than a knowledge of how to.

no, thats really not how it works. it isn't a couple breakthroughs, we don't even understand why medication we use for mental disorders works, we just know it does. we know about as much about the brains workings as we know about the recent exoplanets NASA discovered. we know its external influences, but we barely have a clue of its inner workings. to simulate it we would need to understand the whole human body to a quantum level if not beyond, only recently for example we discovered that T-cell count is decreased as stress level increases and that stress can trigger a gene swap activating an autoimmune disease. you can activate gene's on the fly, but we have 0 idea of how we even communicate this to every cell in our body.

this should mean in time we will be able to hack peoples ai, and you could do some crazy shit with something like that.

ex:

why did you shoot the dog?

a voice in my head told me to.

9 hours ago, SurvivorNVL said:

His jaw-line will reign supreme.

I mean, can we really resist that gorgeous, GORGEOUS jawline?

No, it is futile to even try.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

2 hours ago, cj09beira said:

this should mean in time we will be able to hack peoples ai, and you could do some crazy shit with something like that.

ex:

why did you shoot the dog?

a voice in my head told me to.

What if its already available and they are testing it, gottem!

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

When tin foil hats become necessity.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

When tin foil hats become necessity.

If its directly wired into your brain it wont do much good...:dry:

4 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

If its directly wired into your brain it wont do much good...:dry:

They'll have to push data/advertisements to you somehow, unless you're plugged in all day it will be from a satellite/cell tower/wireless router.

Basically if they find a way to push information into your brain, they'll find a way to attach a wireless receiver to the wire protruding from your dome. Then instead of trying to get you to want a product via advertisement, they'll just make you buy it.. or better yet make you an indentured servant for eternity.

Now that I think about it I guess this is the end, we had a good run everybody.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Replicators anyone?

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

14 minutes ago, arbellason55 said:

Replicators anyone?

More like Borg(worst case scenario)...

Singularity. Ghost in the Shell. We're nearing yey, heh.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Hard to believe that we are really ready for the impact this would have on humanity. Musk takes on a lot of new ideas and pushes the boundaries for sure.  Just look at this path of success.  http://fundersandfounders.com/how-elon-musk-started/

Be interesting to see where he goes with this. Don't think i'll volunteer as tribute. 

Yay my own personal SAM in my head!

But we probably won't see the first out these things for 20+  years...

the brain isnt plug and play you need to spend long periods of time teaching your brain how to use such devices 

On 3/28/2017 at 2:01 PM, ElfenSky said:

How very curious, given his stance on AI and the dangers it brings.

Read only?

I'm excited by the potential of the tech, but this is going to also going drive massive inequality rifts between people.