my sound quality is horrible in adobe premier, what should i do!

i imported some audio into adobe premier and it sounds awful. the downloaded clip outside of adobe premier sounds great but in adobe premiere its horrible. it sounds like im using a mic from the dollar store, and its not static its the actual sound quality. help!

export the video and see if the problem comes into the exported video

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

Just now, PigWithAMustache said:

export the video and see if the problem comes into the exported video

ok. should i try the avi uncompressed format or stay with the normal avi format?

Just now, Legolessed said:

ok. should i try the avi uncompressed format or stay with the normal avi format?

no, use .mp4. it just uses less space on your drive.

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

no, use .mp4. it just uses less space on your drive.

there is no mp4, unless mpeg4 is the same thing

yes it is

2 minutes ago, PigWithAMustache said:

yes it is

when i selected mpeg it put my output at 352 wide 288 tall instead of 1920 by 1080. help!

when i selected mpeg it put my output at 352 wide 288 tall instead of 1920 by 1080. help!

can you change it?

can you change it?

yes, but when i try to do it it says that its outside the video bounds. can i just do avi?

yes, but when i try to do it it says that its outside the video bounds. can i just do avi?

sure whatever

8 minutes ago, PigWithAMustache said:

sure whatever

i figured out the problem, for some reason the audio got compressed to 8800hz but i have no idea how to change it

LOL read this topic and thought "this is the blind leading the blind".

10 hours ago, Legolessed said:

i figured out the problem, for some reason the audio got compressed to 8800hz but i have no idea how to change it

How did you import the video into Premiere?

10 hours ago, Legolessed said:

You should use H.264 export presets instead.  But if the audio during the sequence play back is bad then it will be bad after export too.  Next time always verify the sequence settings first.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

3 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

LOL read this topic and thought "this is the blind leading the blind".

How did you import the video into Premiere?

You should use H.264 export presets instead.  But if the audio during the sequence play back is bad then it will be bad after export too.  Next time always verify the sequence settings first.

i dont know how to change the audio hz. when i export though it says the audio is 8800hz. I used the import thing in adobe and imported the files in from my downloads folder. They sounded fine in my downloads folder but sounded awful as soon as i put them into premiere. the strangest part is when i put the clip into premiere and clicked properties it said compressed-48000hz but when i exported it the audio details box said 8800hz. what do i do?

17 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

i dont know how to change the audio hz. when i export though it says the audio is 8800hz. I used the import thing in adobe and imported the files in from my downloads folder. They sounded fine in my downloads folder but sounded awful as soon as i put them into premiere. the strangest part is when i put the clip into premiere and clicked properties it said compressed-48000hz but when i exported it the audio details box said 8800hz. what do i do?

Alright, lets say you have an audio file sitting in a folder somewhere on your computer that is 48khz 24-bit.

In Premiere, you first import that file (either by the import dialog or just drag and drop) into the PROJECT panel.

Then you can drag that audio clip into any timeline sequence.  Select the timeline sequence, go to the menu in Premiere (Sequence > Sequence Settings).

Make sure the audio section of the settings is indicating the sample rate you want to work with.

When exporting that timeline sequence (i.e. after pressing CTRL+M), select your Format and Preset, then go to the Audio tab and check the settings there.  In the Summary area the export dialog window will show you information about your export settings such as resolution, frame rate and audio format and sample rates. 

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins