How to change install location for programs such as Google Chrome?

Hi everyone,

I recently installed Windows 10 on an SSD and have an HDD for extra storage. My question is if I can change the location of installing applications such as google Chrome? I really want my SSD to only store Windows 10. I know some users have tried changing the drive letter in the registry but I don't know if it's safe. I also heard of people using symbolic links.

I look forward to your responses.

Thanks!

you simply cant, its too complicated for the monkey nerds at google to figure and implement this feature

8 minutes ago, bakidota said:

you simply cant, its too complicated for the monkey nerds at google to figure and implement this feature

I don't know why they haven't implemented a custom path feature. Very frustrating, guess i'll have to bit the bullet.

I tried doing the registry thing, but it affected most of my other installations in weird ways and chrome still installed in the C drive anyway. so i reverted and did that symbol link method. not sure if it really worked though. I can still see the chrome data folder in the C drive take up some space, around 50+mb or so and my symbolic link in my other drive has some data as well. so...i don't think you can REALLY install chrome in another drive.