Fan Setup

crazysteve240

Is this a good setup for my fans? Or should I reconsider this? (every arrow represents one fan)

Untitled drawing.jpg

Assuming you have all the fans running at the same RPM, you would have negative pressure (I think) which will eventually result in dust, or at least more than with a positive pressure solution.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

If you have a discrete GPU, I'd recommend intake through the side panel to feed it with fresh, cool air. If you don't have a discrete GPU, you really don't need a side fan and can leave that as a passive vent.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Assuming you have all the fans running at the same RPM, you would have negative pressure (I think) which will eventually result in dust, or at least more than with a positive pressure solution.

Positive airflow only helps decrease dust accumulation if the intakes are filtered. If the case in question is in the photo, that's probably not the case.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 hours ago, aisle9 said:

If you have a discrete GPU, I'd recommend intake through the side panel to feed it with fresh, cool air. If you don't have a discrete GPU, you really don't need a side fan and can leave that as a passive vent.

That depends on GPU. Open-air style cooler benefits from exhaust more than intake. Plus its hard to say if side vent is even on top of GPU from that pic.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv