R7 1700 stock cooler replacement help

eyedrop

Im looking to replace my stock wraith spire cooler with a better cooler. The stock cooler was quiet for the first couple weeks, but has already developed an annoying faint clicking noise, even during idle. My most important consideration is lowest possible idle noise. I am planning on doing some mild/modest overclocking, but Im not hell bent on squeezing every last bit of performance. Im looking to spend between $30-$80 USD, preferably as cheap as possible to get the job done.

The problem is there are not too many AM4 cooler choices out there. Im looking at the Hyper 212, Cryorig H7, Noctua U12S, or possibly even a cheap AIO liquid cooler. The reason im considering liquid is that I could potentially replace my rear exhaust fan with the AIO, which would effectively double as an exhaust fan. Not ideal cooling, I know. But idle noise is the priority for me. Would this make the system overall quieter because of less fans? Or should I just go with the H7, which seems to fare well in the noise department?  

The H7 would certainly be a cheaper route and best price to performance. But Im thinking that springing for an entry level AIO might get me slightly better temps and possibly more quiet to boot, since there will be one less fan in the system. Although there is the pump noise. Which setup would be overall quieter? 

If I do go liquid, I need a budget model with lowest possible idle noise, would fit in my Fractal XL R2, a good quality pump that wont burn out or start leaking 2 years down the road. Ive seen alot of cheaper models burn up quick.... 

Since Im not too knowledgable about liquid cooling, I need your help on figuring out AM4 compatibility as well as identifying the reliable and quiet budget offerings.

AIO =/= quiet. In addition to fans you have pump making noise. From mentioned ones U12S would be most quiet one. H7 and 212 are at same level.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Did you check yet if not some cable is hitting the fan? Could cause the ticking.

Can't really help with the cooler pick besides that the 212 gets the job done fine (I have it as well). 

I would get the noctua if I were you.  It is a little more costly now, but the warranty grants you a working, powerful, quiet and compatible set for 7 years. They replace fans hassle free and provide you with new mounting gesr if you switch platforms.  And the mounting mechanism is very easy. 

You might save some money now by getting something cheaper, but in the long run a noctua cooler is very good value.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)