Best VPN?

SmilesRising
Go to solution Solved by The Sloth,

tunnel bear is good, policy wise.  

i need a VPN so i can be anonymous on the internet and do whatever i want without anyone knowing... whats the best VPN for doing so?

Watches and computers                    

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

tunnel bear is good, policy wise.  

is it the "best"? My isp wont see what im doing? my isp recently got forced by court to hand out information about users so id like to avoid all that..

Watches and computers                    

Just now, smiles rising said:

is it the "best"? My isp wont see what im doing? my isp recently got forced by court to hand out information about users so id like to avoid all that..

the best would be completely out of reach of your budget.

Tunnel Bear, 

Just now, manikyath said:

the best would be completely out of reach of your budget.

are we talking above 200$?

Watches and computers                    

1 minute ago, smiles rising said:

are we talking above 200$?

well.. for "the best" we're talking 4 digits, at least, to put a rough guess on it.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

well.. for "the best" we're talking 4 digits, at least, to put a rough guess on it.

oh okay.. i just want to be sure that my isp cant see any of the websites i've been to or see my downloads.they shall not see anything!

Watches and computers                    

7 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

oh okay.. i just want to be sure that my isp cant see any of the websites i've been to or see my downloads.they shall not see anything!

its the best you can do, just hope the bill doesn't get passed if you are American. 

1 minute ago, smiles rising said:

you know.. the issue is, sure if you get a VPN *your* ISP cant see anything, but there's always an endpoint somewhere that knows what's up. companies like tunnelbear do all in their power to give their users the anonymity they want, which is probably 95% there, but to get 100%, much like the audiophile world, essentially becomes an exponential function for tiny jumps in added security.

essentially, tunnelbear's (and any other VPN with similar policies) profit is in not knowing who you are, but they dont really have much control over what's beyond their systems, and you better believe everything out there is tracking you in some way. even as simple as a store's single-page website with their contact details may do an attempt to track so they can collect information on how many individual people visited their website, how many returned there, and how much extra customer that brought in.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

its the best you can do, just hope the bill doesn't get passed if you are American. 

and if the bill gets passed, make sure your endpint isnt in the united states of rich people getting what they want.

16 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

The best available for you would be to buy a vps, and host your own vpn server.

My native language is C++