The future of floatplane

In some of the new videos like that where Linus built a "Floatplane" for luke , he mentions him as the new CEO of Floatplane Media Group..

3 hours ago, imkvinayan said:

In some of the new videos like that where Linus built a "Floatplane" for luke , he mentions him as the new CEO of Floatplane Media Group..

Timestamp please.

At the beginning of the video, Linus says that the PC is for Luke because of his new job. Where did he say Luke is the new CEO?

Linus is the CEO and Luke is the COO, afaik

Wait...........I am sure he mentios Luke as the CEO of FLOATPLANE.INC while Linus is the CEO of Linus Media Goup

It was not in that video...Sorry???

8 minutes ago, imkvinayan said:

Wait...........I am sure he mentios Luke as the CEO of FLOATPLANE.INC while Linus is the CEO of Linus Media Goup

It was not in that video...Sorry???

Linus is the CEO of LMG and Floatplane Media inc.

Luke is the COO of floatplane.

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Linus is the CEO of LMG and Floatplane Media inc.

Luke is the COO of floatplane.

Yeah this made be true

They have also made all sorts of arrangements so that people can't find much about Floatplane

--> They have masked their physical IP in WHOIS with this----www.domainsbyproxy.com

--> They have routed their traffic through a Cloud flare name server which is located in Montreal which is 4913 km away from themimage.png.bdbe4428dcff0b388ae5a8e3431bcb50.png

--> Thay have created this on 2016-11-14 and even updated it in 2017. The thing is they haven't touched it since which leads me to believe they have some problemsimage.png.863abbe3a4517979e98ad1d3f4ab1022.png

I am happy to see anyone proving me wrong or adding info...

2 minutes ago, imkvinayan said:

- snip -

Floatplane works inside the LMG building.

They use a different site, www.floatplane.com, and not the one you mentioned.

48 minutes ago, imkvinayan said:

I am happy to see anyone proving me wrong or adding info...

Provide you wrong on what? There are plenty of topics on forums detailing the legal side of how companies are setup. But I can give brief explanation.

LMG and FPM are both companies owned by a holding company. This is made because of taxation reasons. Since LMG is buying services from FPM and FPM is renting office space from LMG. Linus is CEO of both, and partial owner of holding company (Yvonne is another, and I think both Ed and Luke have shares too). Luke is COO of FPM, meaning that he handles all practical stuff but still reports to Linus. Meaning that Linus can concentrate on running LMG while Luke takes care of FPM.

All IPs and server locations are masked for a reason. FP has servers all over the world. I think they have 5 locations. 2 in NA, Europe, Pacific area... Something like that. I have no clue where "main" server is. Might be datacenter in Canada, or US. Fact is that it isn't inside LMG warehouse. They mentioned in some recent video that they might have some test server in house to see if they can improve performance with it. But videos wouldn't be hosted from warehouse at any point. That would be counter effective on security standpoint.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Check out the latest WAN show...38:00

Luke isn't on vacation...

So far they have only 3 channels on Floatplane.com

The main server would never be in the LMG office.. They would need more than even a Petabyte for that.

PS floatplane.com also has exactly the same info as floatplaneclub.com....

Check WHOIS