Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming series power

Go to solution Solved by RevoltTrain,

I left my old laptop plugged in 24/7

Never caused me issues

Guys, I've been using this laptop for quite a while and I'm still curious, will the battery overcharge if i keep plugging it while i play? I'm getting quiet tired if i need to plug out and plug in the charger every time its already on 100%. Also how can i use AC power only from the charger and not the battery? Thanks before.

uhhh, you can keep it plugged it the entire life span of the laptop. Dont worry about it. "over charging" hasnt been an issue since flip phones were a thing. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

3 minutes ago, Chris Putra said:

Guys, I've been using this laptop for quite a while and I'm still curious, will the battery overcharge if i keep plugging it while i play? I'm getting quiet tired if i need to plug out and plug in the charger every time its already on 100%. Also how can i use AC power only from the charger and not the battery? Thanks before.

Batteries have smarts in them to stop charging once they're full.

Also you need to have it plugged in while gaming. The battery cannot supply the power to run the GPU and CPU at full performance.

I left my old laptop plugged in 24/7

Never caused me issues

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

4 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

uhhh, you can keep it plugged it the entire life span of the laptop. Dont worry about it. "over charging" hasnt been an issue since flip phones were a thing. 

Okay, thank you dude. Have a pleasant day