Samsung confirmed that they are going to sell refurbished Note 7 phones

EunSoo

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/27/15072560/samsung-note-7-refurbished-device-recyling-announced

Last fall, Samsung said that they would dispose of the Note 7 and that they had no plans to refurbish or repair them. Samsung has confirmed it will work with local authorities and carriers to sell it as a refurbished device.

Ahead of the Samsung Galaxy S8 launch, the company has released a statement regarding its plans to recycle Note 7 devices. The process comes in three parts: save salvageable components such as camera modules and semiconductors, extract metal parts with the help from “eco-friendly” third-party companies, and sell refurbished devices “where applicable.”

- http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/27/15072560/samsung-note-7-refurbished-device-recyling-announced

It has been rumored that it will come with a smaller battery to prevent it from overheating and catching on fire. They said available markets are still to be determined as they work with local regulators to approve of the sale.

Hmm, I don't know about all this. It seems that Samsung really believes in the Note 7 if they're willing to release it for a third time. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

They are going to selling? Huh.

Huh, if they're cheap enough, and the battery life isn't that much worse, they'd be interesting.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I wouldn't expect to see it in the U.S. I'd buy if verizon carried it.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

34 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Hmm, I don't know about all this. It seems that Samsung really believes in the Note 7 if they're willing to release it for a third time. 

note 7, good phone

only reason why it's 'bad' is because of touchwiz and exploding batteries (if i recall correctly, im not a samsung shill!)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

48 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

They've already spent a huge amount of money designing and manufacturing it. Would be a shame to throw that all away just due to a poor battery design.

5 minutes ago, ManIkWeet said:

"Please send back all of your devices for your own safety"

Few months later...

"We fixed them, now buy your device back!"

they did give a full refund...

Feel like just saying Note 7 Anymore is bad for them PR Wise just trash em and forget it for the general consumers. As someone who likes tech the Note 7 on a cheaper price refurb is cool the screen HDR and specs of the phone are very good

Inb4 nothing is changed on the refurb devices

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

They would have to be a good amount cheaper than a new 7/edge for anyone to consider it at this point I think. I mean its a freakin' refurb.

I might be willing to upgrade from my G2 if the price is right. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

What the bloody hell is Samsung Mobile doing? The damage to the PR for the Note 7 as well as the Note line is irreparable.

They really do need to swallow their pride. You want to improve the image of the Note line; then work on the Note 8, or even better, wait a bit for the Note 9.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

5 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

What the bloody hell is Samsung Mobile doing? The damage to the PR for the Note 7 as well as the Note line is irreparable.

They really do need to swallow their pride. You want to improve the image of the Note line; then work on the Note 8, or even better, wait a bit for the Note 9.

I think a big reason is that they don't have anything else they can do with the old phones. If they threw away a million phones then Greenpeace would ruin Samsungs name even more. They can't recycle the parts no other phones or future phones are compatible with them. So this is really their only choice and I honestly don't think its a bad idea. Even if they sell some of them and they don't have any problems they will improve their reputation a little bit.

3 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

I think a big reason is that they don't have anything else they can do with the old phones. If they threw away a million phones then Greenpeace would ruin Samsungs name even more. They can't recycle the parts no other phones or future phones are compatible with them. So this is really their only choice and I honestly don't think its a bad idea. Even if they sell some of them and they don't have any problems they will improve their reputation a little bit.

Considering that the batteries were already too big for the phones, thus causing the issues it became notorious for, I highly doubt that things will go smoothly. Good luck explaining to the uninformed why the battery has shrunk.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

It's a great phone though, sadly it had a such destiny.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

7 hours ago, SCGazelle said:

they did give a full refund...

Heck they gave you an additional 100$ to get any other phone from any manufacturer 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

wait, ppl were expecting samsung to throw away hundreds of dollars of perfectly good components, just because 1 component ( battery ) had an issue ?

perfect screens, perfect processor, perfect ram, storage, camera etc, why would they throw those ?

Because the mobile world likes to copy Apple, will they have the balls to release the "Note SE"?