Apple Rumored To Consider Purchasing Disney

FirstArmada

If Apple bought Disney, they'd somehow start making all physical and streaming copies of Disney movies and TV shows in a proprietary format that required you to buy a compatible Apple movie player (iWatch, iFilm, iCouchpotato), and the only way you could watch a Disney movie at the theater would be to use Apple Pay on your iPhone to get the ticket (sorry Android users!).  Also, instead of playing "When You Wish Upon a Star" at the beginning of a movie as the camera flies around the Disney castle, it would just be the Mac startup tone and Apple logo.  All movie trailers would be in the same format as the Mac vs PC commercials, and you would also need to have an Apple account to watch channel ABC.

Man, Apple has a long history of Steve Jobs buying Steve Jobs. 

That would be awesome though. Apple (from 2000 to 2010) had an almost perfect history of releasing glorious things, and they still do. Albeit, with a slightly tarnished track record. 

The one thing Apple is missing is a content company. This would make iTunes Store ridiculously formidable.

Such a Stupid rumor. Like Disney is not going to let themselves be bought out ...

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

that would make for a very very big cheque.. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I can imagine the product placement now...

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

Such a Stupid rumor. Like Disney is going to let themselves be bought out ...

Disney doesn't really have any say. The BOD can issue a statement to shareholders with their recommendation, but it can't stop them selling. 

Example: You own 100 shares valued at $50 each, meaning you're worth $5,000. They're expected to grow to $75 each in 5-10 years. Apple is willing to offer $75 per share, today. Do you sell?

Disney could do one of two things: 

1. Present a better offer to shareholders to buy their shares than Apple. 
  2. Screw their own business up to make it unattractive to Apple for a takeover. For instance, signing a 5 year contract with Netflix for distribution rights for all future and existing Disney content. 

Also if this is true, the reason Apple would want to buy Disney is because Apple doesn't currently have content, they have a distribution platform. 

9 hours ago, FirstArmada said:

I don't think, they'll be able to, look at disney stat from Forbes

Revenue
$53.9 B
Assets
$90.12 B
Profits
$9.08 B
I don't think they'll sell perfectly going company...
(even after dropping pewdiepie :P)

-- BSOD : ( --

2 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

I don't think, they'll be able to, look at disney stat from Forbes

Revenue
$53.9 B
Assets
$90.12 B
Profits
$9.08 B
I don't think they'll sell perfectly going company...
(even after dropping pewdiepie :P)

It's a publicly listed company. What do you mean they won't sell?

Just now, Belgarathian said:

Just understand the emotions of those words man, I'm not too technical into those stuffs..xD

-- BSOD : ( --

I don't see this happening, but if by some miracle it did, I'd be incredibly sad.

They clearly are after the plans to the death star which is now owned by Disney. The bite in the apple logo is where the planetary blower-upper gun is in their mind.

Not gonna happen ...

apple_logo_PNG19673.png.5943021641a432a537b2b5d87d4e9cff.png

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

Acctually no.

What people forget is that public companies have two different kind of stocks (A and B). What you can easily buy are B stocks, you get part of the revenue and all that but you don't hold any votes. These B stocks are the commonly known "stocks" which anyone can buy and which value is shown. A stock is the one that gives you power in the company and they are usually extremely expensive and not public. To take control of a company one must buy majority of the A stock (usually from BOD), but in some smaller companies having some fixed amount (+10%) of the B stock may give you place in BOD, but even buying 100% of the B stock won't give you any power in the company. This is why someone with 5% of stock can be the CEO of the company by having "majority of the stock" because he/she might have over 50% of the A stock.

16 hours ago, mikat said:

With all that money, they could buy Nvidia :D

that would be a really funny story but I don't know how well it would play out for the consumer :P

Then the PCIe port changes for every generation, oh hell naw.

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

5 minutes ago, ZeferiniX said:

Then the PCIe port changes for every generation, oh hell naw.

Imagine if apple sold the PC gpus at really high prices so the Mac lineup could compete in price

Even worse but even more not happening: Apple buys Nvidia AND Amd's GPU division

Well that would be an interesting turn of events in the Tech/Media world, if true. The primary question that remains is would the FTC allow this deal to go through, I'm not sure they would. But this report's time is interesting, I thought I read an article last year that Bob Iger was looking to retire. Plus with the partnerships that Apple and Disney have done in the past I would not be surprised, Comcast and Time Warner tried to merge two years ago.

8 hours ago, Thaldor said:

Acctually no.

What people forget is that public companies have two different kind of stocks (A and B). What you can easily buy are B stocks, you get part of the revenue and all that but you don't hold any votes. These B stocks are the commonly known "stocks" which anyone can buy and which value is shown. A stock is the one that gives you power in the company and they are usually extremely expensive and not public. To take control of a company one must buy majority of the A stock (usually from BOD), but in some smaller companies having some fixed amount (+10%) of the B stock may give you place in BOD, but even buying 100% of the B stock won't give you any power in the company. This is why someone with 5% of stock can be the CEO of the company by having "majority of the stock" because he/she might have over 50% of the A stock.

Most companies only have a single class of shares. As far as i can tell Disney only has one, but correct me if I'm wrong about Disney shares. 

On 3/28/2017 at 0:55 AM, FirstArmada said:

(bump)

apple lost their magic when Steve jobs died

i think they are trying to buy Disney and use their magic for themselves

i see though your tactics, you may have fooled your fanboys but you won't fool me!!!!!!!

anyways, apple might use them for product placement, i wouldn't be surprised if Elsa was using a mac book in the next frozen....

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

On 3/28/2017 at 5:35 AM, Belgarathian said:

That would be awesome though. Apple (from 2000 to 2010) had an almost perfect history of releasing glorious things, and they still do. 

(try's not to get triggered and start a rant and PC, android vs apple fight along with it)

wife: what are you doing?

me: trying not to rant

wife: ok

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

I work for Disney and it is extremely unlikely. The internet loves to spread rumors. Apple has a huge stake in Disney already.

I call BS.

If you're interested in gaming, check out my YouTube channel! New video every Saturday! Every comment, like, and subscription helps! Thanks!

(I don't have 100 subs yet so no direct link yet XD)

On 28/03/2017 at 4:28 AM, SurvivorNVL said:

I used to live in a town that was owned and operated by Disney, in Florida they actually have I believe three privatized cities of their own.  It seems more likely that Disney would be Apple to me, but if Apple bought Disney, maybe they'd have iPhone-Booths in the cities? 8D

Apple and Disney are close. Steve Jobs was the largest shareholder of Disney and was the founder and CEO of Pixar. So they would work well together and have a strong history of doing so.

17 minutes ago, Avayel said:

I work for Disney and it is extremely unlikely. The internet loves to spread rumors. Apple has a huge stake in Disney already.

No they don't. Steve Jobs wife does.

5 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

No they don't. Steve Jobs wife does.

That's what I meant, haha, my bad.

If you're interested in gaming, check out my YouTube channel! New video every Saturday! Every comment, like, and subscription helps! Thanks!

(I don't have 100 subs yet so no direct link yet XD)

Maybe Tim Cook is just really curious if Walt Disney's head is in a vault somewhere and he's willing to spend hundreds of billions of dollars to find out?

DELETE! DELETE!

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Silence will fall.

PSU Tier List - I keep forgetting where this is so I'm going to leave it here.