Alternative for high speed connections.

Handsonic

Hi,

Im tired of lag while I'm playing, but in the place that I live we can't add another line nor get a higher speed. So im wondering, there is any high speed portable modem like from Verizon that can give you stable connections ?

Thanks.

Spoiler

Ugh, the landlord will not agree on getting a higher speed conection, even if I pay for it, due to any upgrade to the network need at least 2 year contract (which it is totally understandable why he will reject I guess.. ). Basically the problem its that theres too many people on the same connection creating lag spikes when I try to play, I do not blame them, they live here. With the problem explained, I'm  basically seeking a private network plan, can be with those "high speed" USB 4G LTE Verizon routers etc. The question is, theres any way to get a stable connection with those USB routers? Thanks

Are you looking to fix latency or connectivity issues?

4G really won't solve latency issues, but if you're having a lot of intermittent connectivity then it can help.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Generally speaking, lag is a result of high ping. This means that your physical location is far from the game servers, so there really isnt much you can do about it. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

9 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Are you looking to fix latency or connectivity issues?

4G really won't solve latency issues, but if you're having a lot of intermittent connectivity then it can help.

Ugh, the landlord will not agree on getting a higher speed conection, even if I pay for it, due to any upgrade to the network need at least 2 year contract (which it is totally understandable why he will reject I guess.. ). Basically the problem its that theres too many people on the same connection creating lag spikes when I try to play, I do not blame them, they live here. With the problem explained, I'm  basically seeking a private network plan, can be with those "high speed" USB 4G LTE Verizon routers etc. The question is, theres any way to get a stable connection with those USB routers? Thanks

16 minutes ago, Handsonic said:

Hi,

Im tired of lag while I'm playing, but in the place that I live we can't add another line nor get a higher speed. So im wondering, there is any high speed portable modem like from Verizon that can give you stable connections ?

Thanks.

Writing like this is extremly annoying, stop it.

Well what IS your problem exactly? If it's your ping that is an issue, then I don't believe a portable modem will fix it, as they feature lower speeds most of the time, and greater latency as well.

2 minutes ago, Sack said:

Writing like this is extremly annoying, stop it.

Well what IS your problem exactly? If it's your ping that is an issue, then I don't believe a portable modem will fix it, as they feature lower speeds most of the time, and greater latency as well.

I already posted the problem. I apologize, check it out. 

2 minutes ago, Handsonic said:

I already posted the problem. I apologize, check it out. 

Yeah, portable modem will most likely not fix your problem, what kind of accommodations is this? Are you students or what?

Portable modems are actually the worst kind of internet if you want reliability and stability. Since it is using a constantly changing wireless network where the towers can be miles away.

My native language is C++

To further add, depending on how much data you need. Verizon might need your soul to cover it. Just saying. 

My advice is to move to a place that offers better internet. Honestly if your landlord wants to keep people then they should be willing to provide better internet. If I ever buy me a house, thats the biggest thing Im looking for. Access to high speed internet. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

8 hours ago, Handsonic said:

Talk to them about a contract free or 6 month contract installation. It'll cost a lot more to get installed but I've never seen a company not allow this, all the contract does is ensure they make a return on the install cost so if you just pay the upfront the issue goes away.