PWM Case Fan Control Issue

Dylanc431

Hey all, I recently got a new set of case fans (ALL PWM AND ALL PLUGGED IN TO CHA_FAN HEADERS). The issue I'm having is that I can't control the speed of the fans from within Windows 10, I've tried ASUS AI Suite 3 and SpeedFan and neither of them have worked. This is what happens: 

1. Go into the BIOS and turn on chassis Q-Fan Control, the fans stay nice and quiet while sitting in the bios.

2. Save the changes and exit, the computer starts the boot/POST etc... the fans get slightly louder.

3. By the time Windows is booted the fans are sitting at 2000RPM, and my computer suddenly sounds like a jet taking off...

I got really pissed off at it (At the time I thought it was my CPU cooler, so I unplugged the case fans, Started the system and realised very suddenly that it was my case fans being loud the entire time.

I don't know how to solve this, all my fans are 4-pin PWM fans, plugged into the chassis fan headers on my ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/Aura board. The AI suite software lets me move the fan speed sliders but it never changes the speed of the fans, SpeedFan is set up correctly and although it sees the fans, changing the % never changes the speed. The fan speed changes only seem to take effect in the bios.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dylan.

Go watch that to setup SpeedFan

Magical Pineapples

1 minute ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Thanks, but as I said, SpeedFan is set up properly, I'll still watch the video, I'm just baffled as to why the fan speed changes only happen while I'm inside the bios.

8 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Whoops, my bad... I missed the damn "Remember it" button

6 minutes ago, Dylanc431 said:

Thanks, but as I said, SpeedFan is set up properly, I'll still watch the video, I'm just baffled as to why the fan speed changes only happen while I'm inside the bios.

you need to set your warning temperature on something higher because now it is on 50 degrees and when it reaches that, the fans will start spinning on 100%

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

8 minutes ago, Alesek said:

you need to set your warning temperature on something higher because now it is on 50 degrees and when it reaches that, the fans will start spinning on 100%

Yeah, I set a warning temp and a fan curve based on the GPU and CPU temps, Thanks for the help everyone 

33 minutes ago, Dylanc431 said:

Yeah, I set a warning temp and a fan curve based on the GPU and CPU temps, Thanks for the help everyone 

Yea that help as well, i usually set to manual mode and set my fan to 50% always. Temp doesn't seem to improve when i set my fan to max during load anyways. 

Magical Pineapples