Laptop $180 & Under

My friend wants to buy a laptop for at most $180 dollars, does anyone have any idea what he should get?

On 3/27/2017 at 3:07 AM, EnderGaming said:

My friend wants to buy a laptop for at most $180 dollars, does anyone have any idea what he should get?

Tell him to look at Chromebooks. Because any Windows computer for that price is going to be a big pile of dog shit. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 27/03/2017 at 3:07 AM, EnderGaming said:

You have two options:

1. Look at used

2. Look at ultra-entry level, such as a Chromebook

At $180, he's not going to find a decent new Windows laptop - hell, even most Netbooks (when that was a thing) were more than $180. He might be able to get a refurbished business laptop w/ 4GB of RAM and an old generation i5 for that price though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I wouldn't recommend any laptop under the $400 USD mark. Soooo.. at 180, I'd have to agree with everyone else. Search Craigslist, or get a Chromebook. Beggars can't be choosers.

What do they want to do with it?

Depending on their needs a chromebook might not work out. What are the chances of them saving up a bit more money?