A Good 4k Camera in 2017?

I have been wanting to upgrade my camera for a while. A long while. But I've been annoyed because it feels like you have to pay out the arse to get anything better than 1080p video. I have been looking into either getting a current gen camera or a refurbished/used last gen camera. I've though about refurbished BlackMagic Cinema cameras but because I'll be recording by myself I kind of like those flip out screens on the Canon DSLRs. Any suggestion for a really good 4K camera around $1000? I want some good color range. Just generally I want crisp, beautiful video to edit with.

9 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

Any suggestion for a really good 4K camera around $1000?

Why not just spend that on an improved 1080p camera or just a better lens? doesn't seem like 4k is really any better up until the professional camera range, especially for most web content

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Panasonic G7 or Sony A6300 I would say are the only ones that fit the budget. (May be some more don't know for sure). The a6300 will be at the top of the budget without a lens however.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

22 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Why not just spend that on an improved 1080p camera or just a better lens? doesn't seem like 4k is really any better up until the professional camera range, especially for most web content

I currently have a Nikon D3300. Though a lens would make things better its really that the tracking is pretty bad. I tried tracking and unless I literally stood perfectly still it kept stuttering.

22 hours ago, xQubeZx said:

Panasonic G7 or Sony A6300 I would say are the only ones that fit the budget. (May be some more don't know for sure). The a6300 will be at the top of the budget without a lens however.

I like the A6300 though a good lens is expensive. Good suggestion. I may pick one up. Though the price of the G7 is enticing. Might try and save for the Sony because it seems better overall and is smaller to boot.

How about 4K camcorders?  There are several sub-$1000 models.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins