Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LittleCarrot

Multicopter Megathread

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Finally got my drone built. 

 

Specs:

Frame: Diatone TyrantS

ESC: Kingkong BLHeli 20A

Motos: Kingkong 2205-2300KV

PDB: Built in Frame

Fc: Betaflight Omnibus F4 Pro w/ OSD

VTX: Eachine VTX03

Cam: Micro 700TVL  

Reciever: Turnagy IA6C

 

Unfortunately its been raining solid so haven't got to fly it yet :/ 

 

Looks pretty good! I don't agree with some of your parts choices as good parts aren't that expensive, but that should at least get you flying. Why did you mount your OMNIBUS F4 Pro clone upside down? Did you rotate it in BF? If you don't, it probably wont arm because the quad thinks it's upside down.


ASU

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Looks pretty good! I don't agree with some of your parts choices as good parts aren't that expensive, but that should at least get you flying. Why did you mount your OMNIBUS F4 Pro clone upside down? Did you rotate it in BF? If you don't, it probably wont arm because the quad thinks it's upside down.

hahah thanks man, that expensive is still expensive :P
Sure you not liking the Kingkong parts but yeah got them super cheap and will replace with better ones as they break, it free'd up money for me to get some 4S soon, that said through the thrust and that out of those motors from what i've seen online they actually really decent specially for the price. 

 

And yeah not to worry I rotated it, arms fine just got a funny twitch when i disarm it but seen a few people online with the issue so going through what they did. 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites

i was flying my little brushed micro i built at the park when a thought came to me, what if i had more power. Now im surfing thorugh bang good looking at quad parts xD whether i do a build or not i do not know. Though I may get a flysky flight controller for my micro so I can use my fs-i6?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Legolessed said:

. Though I may get a flysky flight controller for my micro so I can use my fs-i6?

Do you mean a receiver? There's the A8S that's meant for micros. It's pretty tiny. But if you're not using your i6 radio for this micro, chances are it's some off the shelf thing that uses a proprietary radio link and control protocol. 


ASU

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Legolessed said:

i was flying my little brushed micro i built at the park when a thought came to me, what if i had more power. Now im surfing thorugh bang good looking at quad parts xD whether i do a build or not i do not know. Though I may get a flysky flight controller for my micro so I can use my fs-i6?

Sounds like a great idea, I was about to buy a brushed till i saw the micro brushless, those epic little 90's and that man the reviews on those are looking very good even Stu (UAVfutures) getting them off Banggood. I want a little one for around the house, those 90's look to fast for me 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Do you mean a receiver? There's the A8S that's meant for micros. It's pretty tiny. But if you're not using your i6 radio for this micro, chances are it's some off the shelf thing that uses a proprietary radio link and control protocol. 

Ya I'm using an eachine e010 board right now. That's why I want to change the flight controller and get a receiver. Sorry I should have clarified xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

 

Sounds like a great idea, I was about to buy a brushed till i saw the micro brushless, those epic little 90's and that man the reviews on those are looking very good even Stu (UAVfutures) getting them off Banggood. I want a little one for around the house, those 90's look to fast for me 

The lizard 95 on 4s = OMG whole crap. Even for Stu xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Do you mean a receiver? There's the A8S that's meant for micros. It's pretty tiny. But if you're not using your i6 radio for this micro, chances are it's some off the shelf thing that uses a proprietary radio link and control protocol. 

Cold I use this fc/receiver on my micro quad? found a very interesting good in Gearbest:FuriBee F3 32-bit Brushed Flight Controller https://gearbest.app.link/OfMcJwmswE

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Cold I use this fc/receiver on my micro quad? found a very interesting good in Gearbest:FuriBee F3 32-bit Brushed Flight Controller https://gearbest.app.link/OfMcJwmswE

looks like it will work. 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Legolessed said:

Cold I use this fc/receiver on my micro quad? found a very interesting good in Gearbest:FuriBee F3 32-bit Brushed Flight Controller https://gearbest.app.link/OfMcJwmswE

I mean if you replace all of your electronics except for the motors and fpv system, then yeah. Should be fine.


ASU

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool thanks!!!!

30 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I mean if you replace all of your electronics except for the motors and fpv system, then yeah. Should be fine.

 

2 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

looks like it will work. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

I'm debating whether just to do a whole other quad build or update this one. Decisions xD

new build xD


ASU

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

new build xD

Should I do a 130mm, 150mm, or a 180mm build? I'm already doing brushless so that's not a factor. I need to stay under 250 grams though. My last 130mm build worked great until the fc died in flight 2. It was very tight though. I'm thinking about going bigger but I do really like small form factor. And I want to get decent power out of 3s on it. Cause everything I have is 2s to 3s. im still seriously considering just upgrading my current build cause itll be so much cheaper. And it will allow me to learn a lot of quad stuff. For a brushed quad, its thrust ratio is insane. Cause im using small 380mah batteries and a tiny, ultralight frame but im still using very high kv 8.5 by 20 motors. And some nice props

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Legolessed Diatone Tyrant 180, nice little frame, great PDB and just buy one of those FC with the Receiver built in, combo with a VTX03 and you got a really clean build. 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Legolessed said:

Should I do a 130mm, 150mm, or a 180mm build? I'm already doing brushless so that's not a factor. I need to stay under 250 grams though. My last 130mm build worked great until the fc died in flight 2. It was very tight though. I'm thinking about going bigger but I do really like small form factor. And I want to get decent power out of 3s on it. Cause everything I have is 2s to 3s. im still seriously considering just upgrading my current build cause itll be so much cheaper. And it will allow me to learn a lot of quad stuff. For a brushed quad, its thrust ratio is insane. Cause im using small 380mah batteries and a tiny, ultralight frame but im still using very high kv 8.5 by 20 motors. And some nice props

If you only have 350mah batteries, you need to go like 2", or get a Baby Hawk

 


ASU

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

If you only have 350mah batteries, you need to go like 2", or get a Baby Hawk

 

I only have 380mah 1s. I have bigger bats in 2s and 3s

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

I only have 380mah 1s. I have bigger bats in 2s and 3s

lol, yeah if you have to buy new batteries anyways I'd say go 3s, they fun on the little terrors. a decent 150-180 could be really good, specially as your main quad. 

 

My upgrades are all on hold, I put money into the drone and car now its the Poor PC's turn


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

lol, yeah if you have to buy new batteries anyways I'd say go 3s, they fun on the little terrors. a decent 150-180 could be really good, specially as your main quad. 

 

My upgrades are all on hold, I put money into the drone and car now its the Poor PC's turn

You'll want 4s on anything above 150mm 


ASU

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

You'll want 4s on anything above 150mm 

won't the weight at that point be a issue as he's aiming under 250 and is a fairly new pilot so strength over weight IMO would be more important. 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

lol, yeah if you have to buy new batteries anyways I'd say go 3s, they fun on the little terrors. a decent 150-180 could be really good, specially as your main quad. 

 

My upgrades are all on hold, I put money into the drone and car now its the Poor PC's turn

Your PC is pretty dang powerful xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Your PC is pretty dang powerful xD

hahaha not the Vomit one, but redstone needs a i7-4790K and Lapis will gets its 980 and Redstone will get a 980Ti, also they both need 16Gb and looks like Lapis will also need a new motherboard as 1 ram slot is possibly dead. Also building a new Desk that Lapis and Redstone will be built into. 

 

Vomit is actually been leased out and its generating a little more than what my payments on it are so got a computer paying itsself off and i'm still fine on lapis/redstone. 

 

Besides, I've got a Turnigy Evo, got some new googles (Sold the VR D2's) and now a shinny new drone build all out of brand new parts. 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

hahaha not the Vomit one, but redstone needs a i7-4790K and Lapis will gets its 980 and Redstone will get a 980Ti, also they both need 16Gb and looks like Lapis will also need a new motherboard as 1 ram slot is possibly dead. Also building a new Desk that Lapis and Redstone will be built into. 

 

Vomit is actually been leased out and its generating a little more than what my payments on it are so got a computer paying itsself off and i'm still fine on lapis/redstone. 

 

Besides, I've got a Turnigy Evo, got some new googles (Sold the VR D2's) and now a shinny new drone build all out of brand new parts. 

True xD I wish I could do that xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Legolessed said:

True xD I wish I could do that xD

Me to :P Credit card to the rescue :P:P


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I just found an old brushed fc that I flashed with the newest version of betaflight and it works great!! Now I just need a receiver for my micro and I'm done. I need something flysky compatible but I don't know whether this board supports sbus. It's the beta fpv board with no receiver. BETAFPV F3 EVO Whoop Brushed Flight Controller (NO Receiver Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LPK9FT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_qXCxzbAVTMB8H

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×