Multicopter Megathread

LittleCarrot
Just now, Hackentosher said:

@LittleCarrot I don't believe in 4 in 1 escs unless the arms are too skinny for individual escs. As for PDB + FC, I'll tell you it's a hell of a lot easier to build on one of those boards than to run esc wires to two separate boards. We'll see how the JB F4 holds up. I still haven't been able to fly it, I don't have any time on my hands :( 

The Airbot Pdb looks really interesting

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, LittleCarrot said:

The Airbot Pdb looks really interesting

Do you mean the F4 Corner? I think @KaminKevCrew just got one of those.

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Do you mean the F4 Corner? I think @KaminKevCrew just got one of those.

The pdb with a shit ton of caps

- Albert Einstein

6 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

@LittleCarrot I don't believe in 4 in 1 escs unless the arms are too skinny for individual escs. As for PDB + FC, I'll tell you it's a hell of a lot easier to build on one of those boards than to run esc wires to two separate boards. We'll see how the JB F4 holds up. I still haven't been able to fly it, I don't have any time on my hands :( 

Agree, that's why I will only go for FC's with JST connectors, Measure them up and solder to PDB then at least its just a plug when you need to remove the FC. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

The pdb with a shit ton of caps

Oh that thing. Idk if it works or not, in theory it should work great at filtering voltage spikes (4800uf :o) but I've never heard of anyone using one. Looks a little thick, but that's probably not an issue.

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Oh that thing. Idk if it works or not, in theory it should work great at filtering voltage spikes (4800uf :o) but I've never heard of anyone using one. Looks a little thick, but that's probably not an issue.

What FC should I use it with?

- Albert Einstein

That's a good question, I love FCs that have esc signal connections in the corners, but all of the ones I can remember are also PDBs. 

ASU

5 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

welcome to the worst thing ever, Man I gone through so so many trying to get this sorted. 

I liked the Betaflight F4 but again, I'll only use Raceflight FC now 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, Not_Sean said:

welcome to the worst thing ever, Man I gone through so so many trying to get this sorted. 

I liked the Betaflight F4 but again, I'll only use Raceflight FC now 

I wanna get RF, but dont have anyway to get osd. 

- Albert Einstein

19 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

I wanna get RF, but dont have anyway to get osd. 

yes you do, Buy a Cam with OSD or buy a PDB with OSD. 

Or they do have the new one about to come out that is coming with a OSD

Redstone:

Obsidian:

Should I pull the plug on the bardwell regardless of the slower gyro

- Albert Einstein

Should I pull the plug on the bardwell regardless of the slower gyro

if the gyro is the only thing making you hesitate, then go for it. 8k 8k is more than enough to have a great flying quad, and the mpu6000 gyro is not very susceptible to noise. It's a very solid choice. You're not going to notice a difference if you start running 32khz on a fancier gyro

ASU

if the gyro is the only thing making you hesitate, then go for it. 8k 8k is more than enough to have a great flying quad, and the mpu6000 gyro is not very susceptible to noise. It's a very solid choice. You're not going to notice a difference if you start running 32khz on a fancier gyro

How is soldering on it? Is camera control worth it?

- Albert Einstein

Just now, LittleCarrot said:

How is soldering on it? Is camera control worth it?

the soldering was super easy, only thing is i had to flip all of my escs over just because of how the pdb pads are layed out. As for camera control, I don't have any cameras that are compatible (i think) and if I do, I don't think it's worth the hassle because my cameras work just fine on default settings.

ASU

what reasons who you use the JB Vs the Kakute  

- Albert Einstein

what reasons who you use the JB Vs the Kakute  

hard mounted gyro, angled esc pads, reputable manufacturer. Also $5 cheaper?

ASU

hard mounted gyro, angled esc pads, reputable manufacturer. Also $5 cheaper?

The 5v thing is really a bummer since the unfiy is a power hungry vtx

- Albert Einstein

Just now, LittleCarrot said:

My JB F4 seems to run the receiver and unify pro at 800mw just fine. 

ASU

I still stand by the VTX03. that thing kicks serious ass, its the only cheapy China part I really can recommend and there are pro pilots who also find it really good. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

I still stand by the VTX03. that thing kicks serious ass, its the only cheapy China part I really can recommend and there are pro pilots who also find it really good. 

I just got the unify

- Albert Einstein

3 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Buuut smart audio and a clean broadcast are nice though. However, the RDQ Mach 2 vtx seems like a better option. Same/better features than the unify pro and cheaper.

@LittleCarrot I love my unify pros, just be warned that they don't use the same connector as the unify hv and race.

ASU

Buuut smart audio and a clean broadcast are nice though. However, the RDQ Mach 2 vtx seems like a better option. Same/better features than the unify pro and cheaper.

@LittleCarrot I love my unify pros, just be warned that they don't use the same connector as the unify hv and race.

The UF.L?

- Albert Einstein

2 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

The UF.L?

No for power and video. The 5v unify uses the jst-sh connector, and the hv and race version uses something else. Learned that the hard way.

ASU

6 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Smart audio Yes, (I can't see myself using it as we both know once we got it all setup we never really tinker further, well me at least) 

But cleaner We actualyl couldn't find any difference between mates unify and my VTX03 when we were flying an acro spot. swopped drones and we both found zero difference. and the price between them is huge. 

I'll check the MK2 out if you say its looking good. I'm actually looking for a 5000mw+ VTX for the acro drone.  

Redstone:

Obsidian: