2 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

ro

You quoted me but didnt respond

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

It's not about being light, it's about being balanced and having a warranty

4 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

For me, it's because of the reasons that I stated (the whole thing about having more room in the frame, because the arms are the bottom plate, rather than being mounted on top of it.) Also, not having to worry about as many screws can be a boon to some.

Fair enough, 

Yeah the warranty is nice but as we learnt with the RaceFlight here in New Zealand it can be worthless as the price to ship it back makes buying a new one easier, BUT at least raceflight were awesome about it and said just send a pic of the broken FC with a hole it in and they'll send out the replacements.

I've finally ordered my First frame with a warranty (The MultiPG Cerberus V2) so will see how that plays out. 

Defs get what you saying about as little hardware as possible, That does annoy me with my TyrantS 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Personally after running the qav x with a slightly tight stack. And getting a clone qav 210 (please dont bring up fake vs clone). It just feels nice not needing to worry about stack height or gopro mounting. 

- Albert Einstein

Just now, LittleCarrot said:

Personally after running the qav x with a slightly tight stack. And getting a clone qav 210 (please dont bring up fake vs clone). It just feels nice not needing to worry about stack height or gopro mounting. 

hahahah Fake vs Clone .. FIGHT ME!! 

JK :P 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

hahahah Fake vs Clone .. FIGHT ME!! 

JK :P 

Personally right now, i can justify spending 100 dollars on a frame. Thats 4 motors

- Albert Einstein

Personally right now, i can justify spending 100 dollars on a frame. Thats 4 motors

That was me for a long time, Then I got a Diatone TyrantS at fake frame prices and yeah it was a decent upgrade and has lasted really well. 

The only reason now why I've shoved out $100 for the Cerberus V2 was for the Warranty and I'm in a place where I can afford it, but do know what its like to look at the prices of non-fakes and think, damn I could build a whole nother drone for that price. 

The biggest one for me though was going from an F4 Fc to the RaceFlight, holy Sheet Balls the difference was day and night man and now I'll happily pay for that. its the only FC I considered for my Race build. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

11 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

That was me for a long time, Then I got a Diatone TyrantS at fake frame prices and yeah it was a decent upgrade and has lasted really well. 

The only reason now why I've shoved out $100 for the Cerberus V2 was for the Warranty and I'm in a place where I can afford it, but do know what its like to look at the prices of non-fakes and think, damn I could build a whole nother drone for that price. 

The biggest one for me though was going from an F4 Fc to the RaceFlight, holy Sheet Balls the difference was day and night man and now I'll happily pay for that. its the only FC I considered for my Race build. 

Ive yet to choose an FC. Why do you like RF so much? Does it have OSD, SmartAudio, SmartPort?

- Albert Einstein

22 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Snip  

Armattan has a $5 flat ship rate world wide, jus saying. It may take a week or two to get to the states, but hopefully less time for New Zealand. They ship from shenzen, I believe. 

ASU

Ive yet to choose an FC. Why do you like RF so much? Does it have OSD, SmartAudio, SmartPort?

RF does not have an osd (absolute deal breaker for me if we forget about the people behind raceflight), smart audio and smart port are done through UARTS  which the Revolt has a few of. At least it should, the F405 chip (the one on all F4 boards) has at least 4 UARTS. 

ASU

11 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

RF does not have an osd (absolute deal breaker for me if we forget about the people behind raceflight), smart audio and smart port are done through UARTS  which the Revolt has a few of. At least it should, the F405 chip (the one on all F4 boards) has at least 4 UARTS. 

Wow that eats ass

- Albert Einstein

25 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

22 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Yeah No OSD, but thats yet to be a issue for me, My TyrantS which has a build in PDB I just got a Runcam with the OSD built in, and the race build I've got a PDB with a OSD built in so it really didn't phase me at all. 

What completely sold me on it was just how crazy smooth it was. Flying the same spots a week apart I noticed a huge difference and after the one fried going back to a normal F4 Betaflgiht I noticed the difference even more. 

I guess you prob could tune your quad to get that kind of smoothness but for me flying a completely untuned drone and it been that butter smooth, well that's got me sold. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

2 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Yeah No OSD, but thats yet to be a issue for me, My TyrantS which has a build in PDB I just got a Runcam with the OSD built in, and the race build I've got a PDB with a OSD built in so it really didn't phase me at all. 

What completely sold me on it was just how crazy smooth it was. Flying the same spots a week apart I noticed a huge difference and after the one fried going back to a normal F4 Betaflgiht I noticed the difference even more. 

I guess you prob could tune your quad to get that kind of smoothness but for me flying a completely untuned drone and it been that butter smooth, well that's got me sold. 

Lol ill get one if you'll give me ur bf f4 if it doesnt workout. 

- Albert Einstein

You can tune betaflight to fly really well, but you're right. Out of the box, raceflight is famous for flying amazingly well. We've had this discussion many times on features over out of the box performance, personally I like to tinker and I like the flexibility beta offers, especially in the built in osd so much that I refused to build another quad without it. 

At the end of the day though, all you need an osd to do is tell you how your battery is doing, and many cameras can do that. It's not a terrible compromise. 

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

You can tune betaflight to fly really well, but you're right. Out of the box, raceflight is famous for flying amazingly well. We've had this discussion many times on features over out of the box performance, personally I like to tinker and I like the flexibility beta offers, especially in the built in osd so much that I refused to build another quad without it. 

At the end of the day though, all you need an osd to do is tell you how your battery is doing, and many cameras can do that. It's not a terrible compromise. 

What use is having a baro?

- Albert Einstein

Lol ill get one if you'll give me ur bf f4 if it doesnt workout. 

lol, I'd happily give it, but Shipping would cost the same as you buying a new one :P

Its up to you, Hacken doesn't like them cause he knows them personally and thinks they assholes, For me, they have gone beyond sorting out a blown ESC's for my mate recently knowing that shipping would nail us, they getting a local shop to give us one out of their stock and will settle it with them, Thats the kind of service I'd like as opposed to these companies that have no face or interaction. 

Pic for proof Between, Raceflight, Local Shop, and my Mate:

27848574_10155044290076962_408739143_n.png.55b006cd0bfab46b5f4ccfd0ab16b933.png

Redstone:

Obsidian:

For racing and Acro, I'd think next to nothing, I'm not looking at ether of those when flying. All I care about is if I'm wrecking my battery. thats pretty much all i'd want to distract me 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

For racing and Acro, I'd think next to nothing, I'm not looking at ether of those when flying. All I care about is if I'm wrecking my battery. thats pretty much all i'd want to distract me 

Could the Kalman filter take advantage of it?

- Albert Einstein

9 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

It's kinda nice for building dives, but they're usually not too accurate.

ASU

20 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

You quoted me but didnt respond

Sorry!

Yeah, I would definitely consider selling the dominators. I just realized the other day that they're actually the V3s though - the seller I bought them from listed them incorrectly (Unless the v2 also has a 16:9 screen?)

17 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

I definitely feel you on that one. I just built a Kore V2 frame, and that thing is CRAMPED. I literally killed two Fcs trying to get everything inside... (It didn't help that my soldering iron tip is in no way small enough for a build that tight...)

17 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

I absolutely feel it. What does it for me is that I know that by spending $100 on a frame, I have to pay $5 in shipping (assuming they actually charge for that - I've never broken an arm...) from Armattan (in this example) to get replacement arms, forever. That's a great deal, as far as I'm concerned.

16 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

Could the Kalman filter take advantage of it?

I think the Kalman filter only applies to the gyros onboard. I don't think it's capable of taking the baro into account (and I'm not sure what benefit that would have - a baro on measures the air pressure...) But that's as far as I'm aware, and I could well be wrong.

16 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

It's kinda nice for building dives, but they're usually not too accurate.

I almost straight up landed on the top of a building yesterday, LOL video will be coming shortly of my flights last night. It was a good time.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Here's my flying from last night.

Edit:

Also, Youtube's compression is crap. I may upload another, higher res version after class.

Sorry!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Is two boards are better than one?

- Albert Einstein

2 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

Is two boards are better than one?

What do you mean?  like a separate PDB and Fc or FC and ESC's ? 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

What do you mean?  like a separate PDB and Fc or FC and ESC's ? 

seperate pdb and fc

- Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, LittleCarrot said:

seperate pdb and fc

Personally I like keeping them separate, I used to love intergrated PDB's as the make builds so clean, but with Diatone stopping the TyrantS I can't get a new one as some of my Caps have fallen off, its super annoying. 

But I like seperate so when something blows, I can replace just the part, Why I really don't Like 4in1 ESC's I would just hate to throw away 3 perfectly working ESC's cause one is a bit effy, rather jsut de solter 1 and replace it. always order motors and ESC's in 6's so you alway have spares. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

@LittleCarrot I don't believe in 4 in 1 escs unless the arms are too skinny for individual escs. As for PDB + FC, I'll tell you it's a hell of a lot easier to build on one of those boards than to run esc wires to two separate boards. We'll see how the JB F4 holds up. I still haven't been able to fly it, I don't have any time on my hands :( 

ASU