Multicopter Megathread

LittleCarrot
11 hours ago, Legolessed said:

I had a quadcopter questions so I thought I would use the megathread???. I found this quadcopter on gearbest found a very interesting good in Gearbest:JJRC JJPRO - P130 Battler 130mm RC Racing Quadcopter - ARF http://www.gearbest.com/multi-rotor-parts/pp_461940.html and went holy crap that's a a great deal and looked into it to see if it would be compatible with my fs-i6 and I can't find anything about the receiver on the quad, so what receiver is on this quadcopter and is it compatible. If there is no receiver what receiver would be compatible with it.

Looks like it needs a receiver. 

ASU

10 hours ago, Legolessed said:

We should make a grave for props. I could donate a few, well maybe more than a few ???

I didn't crash once here. I also run DAL cyclones which can take a good bit of abuse. Also have a ton HQ v1s 5x4x4, some butter cutters (they're not great after you crash :/), and some Racekraft 5x4x3 props. I got plenty. 

ASU

15 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I didn't crash once here. I also run DAL cyclones which can take a good bit of abuse. Also have a ton HQ v1s 5x4x4, some butter cutters (they're not great after you crash :/), and some Racekraft 5x4x3 props. I got plenty. 

My props can too, but I mean when you accidentally lay your soldering iron on one, they become.......Less durable

23 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Is it bad to learn on 4s battery. The racing quad I'm looking at takes 4s and I know I'm going to want 4s after o get the hang of it so would it be bad to use 4s or should I get a 3s battery to start on. Also if you know how to get an fs-i6 to work with drl simulator using the USB to trainer port cable, that would be a huge help.

On 4/23/2017 at 9:56 PM, Not_Sean said:

aahhh thats a hard one hey, I honestlyu wouldn't know enough to say if its good or not, but personally I found I ether build 180-200 for Racing or as small as possible on Brushless so like a 90 as the smaller the more fun I can have indoors without the constant battery sag of some of the whoops. 

Its personal hey. I know the 110-180 quads can be great I just personally don't see a point in them, Would rather spec up my Racer or indoor. don't need a in between. 

I know you just said you don't like 180mm but I don't know much about racers so I need help. Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/142337088409

I've gotten the price down to $75 already and I think I might be able to get it down to 60 bit I just wanted to know what you thought of the racing quad they have. Also is it bad to start on a 4s battery? Both 3s and 4s are about the same for 1300mah batteries so should I just start with a 4s and skip 3s?

1 hour ago, Legolessed said:

Is it bad to learn on 4s battery. The racing quad I'm looking at takes 4s and I know I'm going to want 4s after o get the hang of it so would it be bad to use 4s or should I get a 3s battery to start on. Also if you know how to get an fs-i6 to work with drl simulator using the USB to trainer port cable, that would be a huge help.

Start on 4s and stick with it. 

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

Trust me, build your first one. Good quad and $75 never go together. 

They have the parts listed, every time I have tried I have failed, I don't feel comfortable doing it. If The parts are ok I can upgrade the crap out of that one too. 

36 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

They have the parts listed, every time I have tried I have failed, I don't feel comfortable doing it.

Uh what? It's pretty hard to screw up a build these days. 

ASU

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Doing other things, just trust me I don't want to do a build, I'll upgrade this one if the components are okay to just fly around with. There's no way you could build your own for $70

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

That's why I want to know if the components are decent enough to fly around with and have some fun, this is my first racer so I im learning

1 hour ago, Legolessed said:

Doing other things, just trust me I don't want to do a build, I'll upgrade this one if the components are okay to just fly around with. There's no way you could build your own for $70

It you don't build it, it'll be harder to fix it when you break it. You will crash and you will break things, you need to know how to fix them. 

ASU

53 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

It you don't build it, it'll be harder to fix it when you break it. You will crash and you will break things, you need to know how to fix them. 

Well, if there a build that's less than $75 that will be better than the build on ebay I'm all ears. But $75 is already topping out my budget and that budgets not really going to change.

12 hours ago, Legolessed said:

I won't comment to much as I generally like to stick to tried and true proven setups, not go for the cheapest option out there.  But one thing that blatantly stands out to me is that those props are probably going to be way to much for those motors.  Motors are listed for use with 3x2 but you are buying 3x4.5 blunt nose tri-blades.

3 hours ago, JokerProduction said:

I won't comment to much as I generally like to stick to tried and true proven setups, not go for the cheapest option out there.  But one thing that blatantly stands out to me is that those props are probably going to be way to much for those motors.  Motors are listed for use with 3x2 but you are buying 3x4.5 blunt nose tri-blades.

Oh crap I forgot to change those, I was originally using bigger motors. Thanks

will these be better? https://www.banggood.com/Tarot-33Inch-Propeller-Props-for-FPV-Multicopter-4-Pairs-p-1041782.html?rmmds=search and will this quadcopter be able to do some racing? I'm trying to make this quad on a tight budget

Is anyone looking for a cheap radio? I have a Fly Sky i6 I'm trying to get red of. I would have posted this in the Classifieds, but it's more relevant here.

Here's some pictures, comes with an IA6C receiver, never actually used. All for $50. Oh and the antennas on the receiver are in perfect condition. I'll ship it with a 3D printed gimbal protector for protection.

Spoiler

IMG_4267.thumb.JPG.c2b51716c79539f9af1710599c6469a1.JPGIMG_4268.thumb.JPG.d57f3dc70fbd92dd20031a3f79762f2a.JPGIMG_4273.thumb.JPG.57d62fbc8065e2d515cf55ad461ce9db.JPGIMG_4274.thumb.JPG.67223f599c053acf7e5286821343ddee.JPG

ASU

• 2 weeks later...

Lets bring this topic back, 

@Hackentosher you'll be happy to know I didn't get some crappy frame off Banggood. Got a Brand new Diatone Tyrant S for $35 from a local guy he won, More amp'd on the PDB this thing has in it. So will be sticking in my CC3D Fc and the VTX03. Only thing thats in the air is the Camera 

Also got myself the Turnigy Evo :) already sold the FS-T6 and ended up costing me $14 to upgrade :) 

now need to figure out how to get new foam and re cut it for for Evo :P:P 

IMG_2728.JPG

IMG_2729.JPG

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 hour ago, Not_Sean said:

Lets bring this topic back, 

@Hackentosher you'll be happy to know I didn't get some crappy frame off Banggood. Got a Brand new Diatone Tyrant S for $35 from a local guy he won, More amp'd on the PDB this thing has in it. So will be sticking in my CC3D Fc and the VTX03. Only thing thats in the air is the Camera 

Also got myself the Turnigy Evo :) already sold the FS-T6 and ended up costing me $14 to upgrade :) 

now need to figure out how to get new foam and re cut it for for Evo :P:P 

Does have that board have the ESCs built in? If so, what are they rated for? 

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Does have that board have the ESCs built in? If so, what are they rated for? 

Nope, built in ESC's sounds like a bad idea with how many i've blown :P 

Its got this 

http://www.diatoneusa.com/store/p375/Diatone_Tyrant_S_215_Replacement_PDB_Power_Distribution_Board.html

The only thing I need to figure out is the ESC pads have + - and the signal cable but my ESC's the signal cable has two wires not one :/ 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

2 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Nope, built in ESC's sounds like a bad idea with how many i've blown :P 

Its got this 

http://www.diatoneusa.com/store/p375/Diatone_Tyrant_S_215_Replacement_PDB_Power_Distribution_Board.html

The only thing I need to figure out is the ESC pads have + - and the signal cable but my ESC's the signal cable has two wires not one :/ 

The signal ground is not technically necessary. You don't need to have it connected it, but it's not a bad idea. 

ASU

6 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

The signal ground is not technically necessary. You don't need to have it connected it, but it's not a bad idea. 

Oh sweet, I'll give it a clean cut :) will do the BLHeli firmware upgrade through the USB adapter I got first though. excited for my first proper build with good parts. 

going to keep the 1806/12a ESC's and put them on a 150 build can at least use my 3S on there when I finally get some 4S just for a fun little bugger around drone :) 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

43 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Oh sweet, I'll give it a clean cut :) will do the BLHeli firmware upgrade through the USB adapter I got first though. excited for my first proper build with good parts. 

going to keep the 1806/12a ESC's and put them on a 150 build can at least use my 3S on there when I finally get some 4S just for a fun little bugger around drone :) 

Why? You can update BLHeli through the flight controller.

Lol 1806 on a 3" will be... it will be a build. I feel like they might be too heavy, or might pull too much current for an 850mah pack, and a 1000 might be too heavy. 1806 motors are kinda out dated at this point, there hasn't been a new 1806 since like 2015, but the Brother Hobby 1407 is a pretty damn good motor. Can even swing a 5x4x2 prop alright, but it really shines on 4".

ASU