Multicopter Megathread

LittleCarrot

hey guys im startng a new brushed quadcopter build and i wanted to run the parts by people. I know im using amazon but you can beat that 2 day shipping xD. Anyways these are the parts. if the part is in a link i havent bought it yet and if its a name then its something from a different quad.

flight controller: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LPK9FT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AHYBUG4B9GJPC&psc=1

reciever: flysky fs-a8s

motors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ALRYYI0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=ARGXSJYZIBBO5&psc=1

connectors so that motors are compatible with fc: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01COVA5D4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATMV3QUOOI1O2&psc=1

frame: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M249F1F/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ALEVIBHWFBF10&psc=1

battery: 380mah 1s lipo

transmitter: fs-i6

fpv camera: tx02 fpv camera 200mw

thanks for the help!

@Hackentosher @JokerProduction @LittleCarrot @marten.aap2.0 @Legolessed @Not_Sean

Hey you know that flight controller is for the inductrix frame right? I suggest printing a similar style to fit it, or get a more generic flight controller. 

Also i thought you were swearing off multirotors?

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Hey you know that flight controller is for the inductrix frame right? I suggest printing a similar style to fit it, or get a more generic flight controller. 

i was just frustrated and i think i bit off a bit more than i could chew. thats why im going with a brushed build. do you have any suggestions? i would like the motor plugs rather than soldering because changing motors would be less of a pain. 

9 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

if i go to an inductrix size my 200mw fpv camera will draw too much current

8 hours ago, Legolessed said:

if i go to an inductrix size my 200mw fpv camera will draw too much current

It will? Can you turn it down to 25mw?

Also soldering is inevitable, you need to learn. 

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

no i cant. i know how to solder but i want motor plugs because on a brushed build you change motors all the time. also i just want to do something easy for this build.

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

i mean the board would still fit into this frame right? if you put the board on its face it would just be a really wonky directionally placed board. wouldnt matter though

21 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

i mean the board would still fit into this frame right? if you put the board on its face it would just be a really wonky directionally placed board. wouldnt matter though

As long as you can orient it right and work around the mounting restrictions, it should be fine.

For the love of god, please consolidate your posts.

ASU

As long as you can orient it right and work around the mounting restrictions, it should be fine.

For the love of god, please consolidate your posts.

im sorry, i submit the post and then have a new idea but then its not realy possible to edit it and then im contemplating the meaning of life.

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

im sorry, i submit the post and then have a new idea but then its not realy possible to edit it and then im contemplating the meaning of life.

Lol just edit your posts.

Now this is expensive for a flight controller I would consider for my 5" builds, but this might suite your use-case pretty well http://furiousfpv.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=140. Also check this build out, it really seems like something you'd be interested in. Do you have access to a 3D printer? If not, I guess I could print a frame or two for you.

ASU

Lol just edit your posts.

Now this is expensive for a flight controller I would consider for my 5" builds, but this might suite your use-case pretty well http://furiousfpv.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=140. Also check this build out, it really seems like something you'd be interested in. Do you have access to a 3D printer? If not, I guess I could print a frame or two for you.

thank you! my friend has a 3d printer. thats a really expensive flight controller xD the inductrix one will fit, it will just look a little weird from an outside perspective.

Just now, Legolessed said:

thank you! my friend has a 3d printer. thats a really expensive flight controller xD the inductrix one will fit, it will just look a little weird from an outside perspective.

The one this build uses is $10, I really think you should look into it.

ASU

The one this build uses is $10, I really think you should look into it.

ok, thanks, but if i dont get it, plz dont be mad at me :) 

2 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

ok, thanks, but if i dont get it, plz dont be mad at me :) 

I mean I still think you should go brushless with something like a baby hawk or an FT Gremlin, but I think this is the next best option.

ASU

15 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I mean I still think you should go brushless with something like a baby hawk or an FT Gremlin, but I think this is the next best option.

Brushed are just easier to build and I want to do something small before I attempt a brushless quad. 

1 hour ago, Legolessed said:

Brushed are just easier to build and I want to do something small before I attempt a brushless quad. 

I'd argue otherwise, brushless is just one more wire per motor, more power, more efficiency, and more reliable. Whatever man. I just remember flying a friend's tiny whoop and lordy did it not fly like a miniquad. Full throttle after something scandalous and it still had trouble recovering, often hitting the ground. 

ASU

46 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I'd argue otherwise, brushless is just one more wire per motor, more power, more efficiency, and more reliable. Whatever man. I just remember flying a friend's tiny whoop and lordy did it not fly like a miniquad. Full throttle after something scandalous and it still had trouble recovering, often hitting the ground. 

actually three, and also esc's are another thing to worry about. I know its not a miniquad by any means, i just want something easy to build and to toy around with.

27 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

actually three, and also esc's are another thing to worry about. I know its not a miniquad by any means, i just want something easy to build and to toy around with.

I said one MORE, not only one lol. These motors don't work too well if they don't have all three phases working properly. 

Small brushless builds can get a little tight and cluttered, so I understand the appeal.

ASU

Has anyone gotten their hands on the BF Flight Controller?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, LittleCarrot said:

Has anyone gotten their hands on the BF Flight Controller?

i just ordered a betaflight flight controller xD im not sure what your asking xD 

30 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

i just ordered a betaflight flight controller xD im not sure what your asking xD 

let me know how you find it, I went with the Omnibus F4 V2. also waiting on it to arrive 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

let me know how you find it, I went with the Omnibus F4 V2. also waiting on it to arrive 

I looked at that one but it's pricey. I went with an f3 racing board.

Just now, Legolessed said:

I looked at that one but it's pricey. I went with an f3 racing board.

I didn't find it to bad, Granted i mainly wanted it for the OSD and JST connectors. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

4 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I didn't find it to bad, Granted i mainly wanted it for the OSD and JST connectors. 

Ah. Budget is the big thing in my head xD

3 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Ah. Budget is the big thing in my head xD

haha its always in mine, was searching for so long :P  was using CC3D & dRonin before than and didn't have any problems with them, but doing a whole fresh build and all that. 

Redstone:

Obsidian: