Multicopter Megathread

LittleCarrot
1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

lol we stopped using glass nylon for a reason. Do you like how they fly?

honestly, i dont think im at the point where i can figure that out

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

10 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

honestly, i dont think im at the point where i can figure that out

Lol, I like the cyclone 5046 still. 

So somehow the xm+ that I thought was well protected died :( that and I am giving up on my tpu soft standoffs, they just don't stay around. 

ASU

3 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Lol, I like the cyclone 5046 still. 

So somehow the xm+ that I thought was well protected died :( that and I am giving up on my tpu soft standoffs, they just don't stay around. 

whats the point

- Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, LittleCarrot said:

whats the point

It's still my favorite* oops, forgot to finish typing. 

ASU

I'm going on a road trip! Me and the Mrs are taking a campervan out into the country for a week and while it's not going to be an fpv trip I am taking my gear and it's my full intention to fly every day.

So the question is how many days before I break something I can't repair on the road?

2 hours ago, Daysy said:

I'm going on a road trip! Me and the Mrs are taking a campervan out into the country for a week and while it's not going to be an fpv trip I am taking my gear and it's my full intention to fly every day.

So the question is how many days before I break something I can't repair on the road?

prob 1 day

- Albert Einstein

I just failsafed in front of my face, crashed into the street. Pretty funny, brand new receiver. Last one died in the middle of cruising around. Weird. I'm wondering if voltage spikes caused the 5v regulator to dip or spike. 

ASU

On 4/7/2018 at 9:02 PM, Hackentosher said:

I just failsafed in front of my face, crashed into the street. Pretty funny, brand new receiver. Last one died in the middle of cruising around. Weird. I'm wondering if voltage spikes caused the 5v regulator to dip or spike. 

yea i had my quad randomly failsafe after a couple of batteries, weird.

- Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, LittleCarrot said:

yea i had my quad randomly failsafe after a couple of batteries, weird.

the same quad is now boot looping :( had a good day of flying on my 5" tho, it's super reliable. I can't believe how long it's lasted.

ASU

3 days in and the quads still alive xD charging batteries has been a pain so I haven't flown as much as I would like but have managed to fly every day so far and flew the most beautiful beach today without ditching into the sea or filling my motors with sand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys im new here but i saw this and thought i may leave a comment. I mostly fly fixed wings but its close enough xD 

7 minutes ago, _Riley_ said:

Hey guys im new here but i saw this and thought i may leave a comment. I mostly fly fixed wings but its close enough xD 

whats the best way to get into fixed wings

- Albert Einstein

what do you guys think of the HD0?

- Albert Einstein

10 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

whats the best way to get into fixed wings

idk xD i started when i was really young and my parents got me a radio shack twin turbine rc plane. I flew that plane all the way until the battery would last about 30 seconds because i loved it so much. Now i just mess around when i have spare time. A good starting platform can be the Wl toys f949 because its easy to fly and cheap. From there you can scrap build, do kits and just have fun xD. Whats the best way to get into quads?

2 minutes ago, _Riley_ said:

idk xD i started when i was really young and my parents got me a radio shack twin turbine rc plane. I flew that plane all the way until the battery would last about 30 seconds because i loved it so much. Now i just mess around when i have spare time. A good starting platform can be the Wl toys f949 because its easy to fly and cheap. From there you can scrap build, do kits and just have fun xD. Whats the best way to get into quads?

do you have a radio? if so what type?

- Albert Einstein

22 minutes ago, _Riley_ said:

i use an fs-i6

You can go RTF or Build your own, lately im recommending the rtf route since you can learn about building by repairing

- Albert Einstein

25 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

You can go RTF or Build your own, lately im recommending the rtf route since you can learn about building by repairing

cool! have you ever flown an ornithopter or do you know a lot about them? thanks!

18 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

what do you guys think of the HD0?

Personally, not that impressed. I think the colors and contrasts of OLED could be cool, but not worth it when we consider the cameras our video feed is coming from. I also worry about OSD elements getting burned into the screen, to me it's not worth it. Also the HD goggles have typically been too wide for me. I tried some HD3s once and it's too much. I personally like the smaller FOV of the Attitudes. I know the HD0 has a smaller FOV than the HD3, but it comes down to the movie theater analogy. Do you like sitting in the front of a theater so the screen is huge in your face, or do you want to sit towards the rear so you can see the whole scene easier. I like sitting towards the back so my eyes don't have to work so hard.

17 hours ago, _Riley_ said:

cool! have you ever flown an ornithopter or do you know a lot about them? thanks!

What the hell is an ornithopter?

ASU

5 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

What the hell is an ornithopter?

An ornithopter is a rc vehicle that moves like a bird. it propels itself by flapping its wings and not by a motor and propellor. They have much better efficiencies than rc planes and quads but are much more complicated and often cant achieve the acrobatic skills that planes with beefy motors and propellors can achieve. I think they are really cool. idk

18 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

So mr Steele is in town 

really??? thats super cool!

53 minutes ago, _Riley_ said:

really??? thats super cool!

Yeah but I'll be busy when he's out flying. That being said I don't really appreciate his arrogant personality. 

ASU

4 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Yeah but I'll be busy when he's out flying. That being said I don't really appreciate his arrogant personality. 

Yea he came off as a dick in some of his older videos, but I feel like he changed

- Albert Einstein