Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LittleCarrot

Multicopter Megathread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

Why? You can update BLHeli through the flight controller.

 

Lol 1806 on a 3" will be... it will be a build. I feel like they might be too heavy, or might pull too much current for an 850mah pack, and a 1000 might be too heavy. 1806 motors are kinda out dated at this point, there hasn't been a new 1806 since like 2015, but the Brother Hobby 1407 is a pretty damn good motor. Can even swing a 5x4x2 prop alright, but it really shines on 4".

was the motors that were on my ZMR250 and it flew fairly well with the 1500mah 3S and all the other bits, thinking on a smaller/lighter frame with smaller props it could be good, its never going to set the world on fire but having a little 150 to fly around with could be fun since I already got all the parts and for that i'll buy the cheapest frame :P 

 

Oh didn't know you could update them through the FC, even through a Old CC3D ? I really don't know a damn thing about FC's just that they can get real expensive real fast. 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

 

Oh didn't know you could update them through the FC, even through a Old CC3D ? I really don't know a damn thing about FC's just that they can get real expensive real fast. 

You can if you're running Betaflight. Also get an F3 or F4 board that has an MPU6000 gyro.

 

Eh, they're not that expensive. When you get a good one, and you know how to build right, a single FC can last you a long while. The OMNIBUS F4 Pro V3 is my current favorite, although the new Matek board that has the Betaflight OSD on board is very interesting.


I used to have guides here

CPU: 4670k 4.4ghz GPU: GTX 970 G.1 1534mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

You can if you're running Betaflight. Also get an F3 or F4 board that has an MPU6000 gyro.

 

Eh, they're not that expensive. When you get a good one, and you know how to build right, a single FC can last you a long while. The OMNIBUS F4 Pro V3 is my current favorite, although the new Matek board that has the Betaflight OSD on board is very interesting.

oohhh I'll have a look at that one, as I needed a FC with OSD. 

 

could you link it ? 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

oohhh I'll have a look at that one, as I needed a FC with OSD. 

 

could you link it ? 

This is my personal favorite, although the f3 pro makes more sense since you don't really need an F4 chip to process 8k 8k (max gyro refresh and pid loops you can run in the mpu6000 gyro. The mpu6000 is a really good gyro that technically can refresh up to like 16 or 32khz, but it can only output at 8khz and thus you can only run the pid loop at 8khz, which an F3 chip should be able to process fine now that betaflight has been slimmed down). https://store.myairbot.com/omnibusf4prov3.html

 

They also have them at Piroflip and fpv303 if you want a US based retailer, my airbot ships from the UK and Germany. 


I used to have guides here

CPU: 4670k 4.4ghz GPU: GTX 970 G.1 1534mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

This is my personal favorite, although the f3 pro makes more sense since you don't really need an F4 chip to process 8k 8k (max gyro refresh and pid loops you can run in the mpu6000 gyro. The mpu6000 is a really good gyro that technically can refresh up to like 16 or 32khz, but it can only output at 8khz and thus you can only run the pid loop at 8khz, which an F3 chip should be able to process fine now that betaflight has been slimmed down). https://store.myairbot.com/omnibusf4prov3.html

 

They also have them at Piroflip and fpv303 if you want a US based retailer, my airbot ships from the UK and Germany. 

I'll check them out, I'm in New Zealand so shipping is a pain, thats the main reason I've gone through Banggood. Our local stores only really stocking the top tier stuff and don't feel like paying more for just a FC than an entire drone. 

 

Thinki I'll go for the F3 pro. I am running dRonin at the moment but will prob make the change to betaflight as just easier to stick with what everyone is running in terms of support


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

I'll check them out, I'm in New Zealand so shipping is a pain, thats the main reason I've gone through Banggood. Our local stores only really stocking the top tier stuff and don't feel like paying more for just a FC than an entire drone. 

 

Thinki I'll go for the F3 pro. I am running dRonin at the moment but will prob make the change to betaflight as just easier to stick with what everyone is running in terms of support

Oh for the love of god please switch to betaflight. You can make it fly pretty nice with minimal effort.


I used to have guides here

CPU: 4670k 4.4ghz GPU: GTX 970 G.1 1534mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Oh for the love of god please switch to betaflight. You can make it fly pretty nice with minimal effort.

 

hahaha yes sir :P:P 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites

Delivery man showed up and brought me my fix.

 

20170519_111431_zpsepqwnh5l.jpg

 

Piles of 3s 1800s and, 4s 1500s 65c turnigy graphene.

 

Also building up another quad since mine are so out of date time to get back in touch.  (all my other stuff runs Naze 32 and baseflight =p)

 

Gonna try an all DYS power system on this next one and actually stick with 4s. 

DYS F4 AIO FC, (f4 omnibus pro w/ built in betaflight OSD)

DYS 4in1 20A Stackable ESC (dshot)

DYS 2405 2300kv

 

Gonna jam it into yet another (slightly custom) ZMR250 with NO pdb since its built into the fc/esc stack.  Using the usual hs1177+ts5828 600mw for FPV.  Sadly couldn't find stock of the x4r receivers anywhere I purchased from, so I'm gonna stick one of the many d4rs i have laying around into it.

 

Also since its my first F4 and therefore has lots of headroom it will be running a 8panel of addressable LED.  With my old naze boards i had to choose telemetry or programable LEDs

 

Ordered 4 different types of 5" props and already have an ungodly horde of 6" props kicking around.

 

I'm usually not for 4in1 ESC but it makes such a neat little package should look pretty minimal.

 

 

Also updated my only quad running cleanflight to betaflight ( in fact this quad is the reason the rest of mine are still running base flight)  I just could never get this thing to fly well on cleanflight and I tried everything.  Switched the firmware to betaflight and it flies better on the stock PIDs than hours of messing with cleanflight.  Still haveing problems switching my goto quad to betaflight quite yet as it flies so good as it is.

 

I'll throw up more updates as the parts trickle in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The TG batteries are gooooooooooood. Under rated. Also you'll love the betaflight osd, it's amazing. 


I used to have guides here

CPU: 4670k 4.4ghz GPU: GTX 970 G.1 1534mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JokerProduction said:

Well balance charging the batteries and one of the 3s 1800 wont charge.  Its only showing 7.4v so I guess I'm gonna see how a hobbyking RMA goes.

 

 

 

Wait what? Dead cell on arrival? Can you check the cells with your multimeter?


I used to have guides here

CPU: 4670k 4.4ghz GPU: GTX 970 G.1 1534mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got these for a smoking deal. They're attitude v3s that come with the shitty fat-shark diversity module and you can change channel through a spektrum radio. Because that's a feature that should cost an extra $50 oved regular attitudes xD

 

20170526_224736.jpg

 

Edit: the case for Fatsharks with faceplate has a lot of space in them. You could fit a lot of shit in here, maybe 4 more batteries. 1495864679208499018998.thumb.jpg.e407fb42a31040a241d703c38f666b81.jpg


I used to have guides here

CPU: 4670k 4.4ghz GPU: GTX 970 G.1 1534mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 5/26/2017 at 10:53 PM, Hackentosher said:

So I got these for a smoking deal. They're attitude v3s that come with the shitty fat-shark diversity module and you can change channel through a spektrum radio. Because that's a feature that should cost an extra $50 oved regular attitudes xD

 

20170526_224736.jpg

 

Edit: the case for Fatsharks with faceplate has a lot of space in them. You could fit a lot of shit in here, maybe 4 more batteries. 1495864679208499018998.thumb.jpg.e407fb42a31040a241d703c38f666b81.jpg

how much was it?


"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

how much was it?

$150. They retail for $400, but they were used and the guy I got it from got it from his shop at just over half price. 


I used to have guides here

CPU: 4670k 4.4ghz GPU: GTX 970 G.1 1534mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites

Need some help with a FC... 

 

So must have 3 features..

 

-Iintegrated OSD

-Support Ibus/Sbus

-Use the connectors instead of the soldering holes for connections. 

 

So far found a few that have 2/3 but not yet found that 3/3. 

 

Also don't need a PDB integrated, have a really solid one with great filtering. 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Not_Sean said:

Need some help with a FC... 

 

So must have 3 features..

 

-Iintegrated OSD

-Support Ibus/Sbus

-Use the connectors instead of the soldering holes for connections. 

 

So far found a few that have 2/3 but not yet found that 3/3. 

 

Also don't need a PDB integrated, have a really solid one with great filtering. 

Omnibus F4 Pro V3, here are my thoughts on it (the v2 and v3 are basically the same) https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2837785-OMNIBUS-F4-Pro-V2-Review

 

Not sure how you go about using Ibus, but I know it's possible. I believe that protocol is uninverted, so you'll need to use a UART that is not inverted. The F4 chip is actually older than the F3, so it's missing some features such as toggling inversion on UARTs. However I use Sbus and have no issues on UART 1 (labeled SBUS) just note that you have to short some pads to get SBUS to work properly on the F4 Pro v3.

Why do you want to use micro JST? Those fuckers are a pain in the ass. A soldered joint is much more secure. I can post some pictures of how my quads are wired to that board.


I used to have guides here

CPU: 4670k 4.4ghz GPU: GTX 970 G.1 1534mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hackentosher haha you are wise my friend :P 

 

Checking it out now, for the ibus sbus thing I can run one or the other, heard somewhere the ibus is a bit better but in all honestly im on PWM and don't notic any difference at my lvl. so long as its got a bus somewhere in it we all goods :P

 

Reason why I want to go with JST's is i've got the TyrantS frame thats got a really good PDB built in, and the escs go straight onto the pdb that JST to the Fc. So thought why not get a FC with them, than will just join the cables with JST on both ends and can remove/Swap stuff around alot easier. 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2017 at 11:53 PM, Hackentosher said:

So I got these for a smoking deal. They're attitude v3s that come with the shitty fat-shark diversity module and you can change channel through a spektrum radio. Because that's a feature that should cost an extra $50 oved regular attitudes xD

 

Edit: the case for Fatsharks with faceplate has a lot of space in them. You could fit a lot of shit in here, maybe 4 more batteries. 1495864679208499018998.thumb.jpg.e407fb42a31040a241d703c38f666b81.jpg

Careful stuffing to much crap into the fatshark case thats what I use to use but had the zipper pop out and there is no way to fix it without sewing on a new zipper.

 

I picked up this cheap case and absolutely love it fits 2 pairs of fatsharks, 4 batteries, dozen antennas, lots of props, and my taranis! It was less than 15$ shipped.

20170606_175842_zpsxuytyv1l.jpg20170606_175927_zpst7mlvbbc.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Cyclone props are amazing. The 5046 is my prop of choice for a lesser motor like the red bottom 2205, then I like the Gemfan 5152 for a more powerful motor like the F40 pro.


I used to have guides here

CPU: 4670k 4.4ghz GPU: GTX 970 G.1 1534mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the advice Hacken, Got a Omnibus F4 V2 just waiting for it to arrive. 

 

Also got rid of my VR D2's. was super unimpresed with them, ended up using my mates 006's and they were an improvement. Looking now at buying the EV800D they seem to be getting really solid reviews. 

 

I Really need to get my hands on some Cyclones, some guys here run the racekraft's man those are some mean looking props. 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have I got this Right ? 

 

The LED's are the only thing I'm not looking to run any time soon, but the idea of them doing different things through Betaflight does sound pretty cool. 

 

Is that all I'll need to do to run SBUS ? or should I just run PWM with the TGY-iA6C ? 

F4 Wiring.jpg


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Have I got this Right ? 

 

The LED's are the only thing I'm not looking to run any time soon, but the idea of them doing different things through Betaflight does sound pretty cool. 

 

Is that all I'll need to do to run SBUS ? or should I just run PWM with the TGY-iA6C ? 

 

I think so, just be sure to also connect the grounds for your camera and VTX to that 2x3 bank of pins for video. If you don't, the osd can flicker. 

 

LEDs are weird on this board, look around the official thread on rc groups. 

 

Don't run ppm (pwm is one wire per channel which this board does not suppor) because it's an old protocol with lots of latency. 


I used to have guides here

CPU: 4670k 4.4ghz GPU: GTX 970 G.1 1534mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

I think so, just be sure to also connect the grounds for your camera and VTX to that 2x3 bank of pins for video. If you don't, the osd can flicker. 

 

LEDs are weird on this board, look around the official thread on rc groups. 

 

Don't run ppm (pwm is one wire per channel which this board does not suppor) because it's an old protocol with lots of latency. 

thanks man, The VTX and Cam will be powered off the PDB as its got really good Filtering. 

 

LED's are a after thought so will consider it later on. 

 

yeah my ZMR with its CC3D uses PWM, I'll run sbus on this, shouldn't be a problem. 


Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×