Multicopter Megathread

LittleCarrot
11 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

@Hackentosher I need to go have a look at my rates, I've been using dRonin after having issues with cleanflight and after the Autotune its been flying great, little to non oscillation so haven't had any need to play with settings. 

You'll only really see oscillations when you turn your rates up and start ripping around. 

ASU

That is true.. Things I plan on doing once all the rain from this stupid Cyclone leave us alone and can get flying again. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

ok guys... want some opinions on New frame for me, So looking to spend about $45 and already got the motors (2206-2300Kv) I've got two 3S 1550Mah 65C and mostly 5" props.

I'm happy to go to 4" but should run with my motors, changing them isn't a option at this point.

Few things I like, I really wish I could Top mount the battery, or even better internally mount.  I'm still fairly fresh and slamming it into the ground doesn't sit high on my to do list, but this is more a silly wish from someone who doesn't know to much :P

I also won't be running a GoPro on mine anytime soon so that is of very little worry for the mount.

This one is hands down one of my favorites and love the clean look with the canopy on. I also Really like the solid XT mount.
http://www.banggood.com/KingKong-RAMMUS200-200mm-Frame-w-6-Colors-Frame-Cover-4-Pair-5045-3-blade-Propeller-for-FPV-Racing-p-1093697.html?rmmds=search

http://www.banggood.com/Realacc-Phoenix-X210S-210mm-3K-Carbon-Fiber-FPV-Racing-Frame-4mm-Frame-Arm-w-LED-Board-5V-12V-PDB-p-1104841.html?rmmds=category
This one I just love for its uniqueness, And seen a few guys saying the higher motors give them clean air and it corners beautifully, although I'd prob mount the back engines upside down anyways :P:P

http://www.banggood.com/Frog-Race-Frog-Lite-218mm-Carbon-Fiber-4mm-Arm-X-Frame-DIY-Frame-Kit-p-1131900.html?rmmds=category
This one looks like most of the more modern frames coming out and looks really good, Good weight and really not bad price, Does however look super cramped for a build.

So what do you guys rate ? So far its between the Diatone and the Rammus, the Diatone looks like its leading a bit due to pure better quality and that integrated PDB is pretty sick.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/diatone-tyrant-180-cf-frame-kit-green.html
This one is here as been offered one Brand new in the price range. Its got the top mounted battery and looks a lot better quality than some of the others. I've liked this one for a while, just I don't know enough to know if I want to go 4" would be a lot easier having a smaller quad, Not enjoying 250 :P

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

13 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Snip

If you absolutely must buy a shitty knock off frame, get the realacc qav-x clone. Also what motors? 2206 2300kv could be one of like 800 motors. Also try to lose your 3s and go straight for 4s. Trust me. 

ASU

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

If you absolutely must buy a shitty knock off frame, get the realacc qav-x clone. Also what motors? 2206 2300kv could be one of like 800 motors. Also try to lose your 3s and go straight for 4s. Trust me. 

Whats the consensus on that frog race frame

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Same kingkong motors I linked a while ago, What you rate of the Tyrant 180 ? also 4" on 2206 2300Kv ?

I will go to 4S later on, i've invested into wha tI've got for now so going to get the best out of them. will upgrade bit by bit. and for now, Got the motors, Got the ESC's and now looking at what frame ?

Redstone:

Obsidian:

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

Same kingkong motors I linked a while ago, What you rate of the Tyrant 180 ? also 4" on 2206 2300Kv ?

I will go to 4S later on, i've invested into wha tI've got for now so going to get the best out of them. will upgrade bit by bit. and for now, Got the motors, Got the ESC's and now looking at what frame ?

That frame looks good. The camera mount cant fit a runcam swift style cam 

- Albert Einstein

Seriously, invest in a good frame from the beginning. ie from a real retailer, not banggood. 

ASU

13 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Seriously, invest in a good frame from the beginning. ie from a real retailer, not banggood. 

There isn't that much of the benefit of doing that

- Albert Einstein

12 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

There isn't that much of the benefit of doing that

Believe me, there is. Quality, non cheese grade Chinesium, carbon saves a good bit of money. 

ASU

12 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Believe me, there is. Quality, non cheese grade Chinesium, carbon saves a good bit of money. 

problem is the cost offset of good frames, I would love a Armattan Armadillo but I would be grounded months before I could upgrade the next part.

Redstone:

Obsidian:

2 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

problem is the cost offset of good frames, I would love a Armattan Armadillo but I would be grounded months before I could upgrade the next part.

Have you considered the hyperlite evo from Piroflip? 

ASU

5 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Have you considered the hyperlite evo from Piroflip? 

Check it out, not for me, although did play with the idea of the Shendrones Corgi. 

but pulled the trigger today and got the Diatone Tyrant 180 and don't worry didn't get it off banggood. Once it gets here can do the motor+ESC+PDB built while I decide on the remaining parts. 

Def's going to do the eachine VTX03 as its size weight and biggest Price fits nicely. Still deciding on FC since Seppuku is out of stock and would like a FC with OSD, also need to find a solid cam that fits the frame. that'll get my first propper build drone up in the air, will than look at upgrading to 4S

will also grab a Turnigy Evo but I'm not having any problems flying my FS-T6 so no need to spend money on that yet. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

Did you guys see the new AOMWAY Goggles?

- Albert Einstein

6 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

Did you guys see the new AOMWAY Goggles?

I've seen them, but they're still more expensive than Dominator v3s so they're a no for me. Work out to about the same price as Dominators with a nice diversity module and a patch antenna. Maybe I'm thinking about the skyzone goggles which are supposed to be real good, but I believe the AOMWAY Commanders are also around $450.

ASU

• 2 weeks later...

I need new goggles.

- Albert Einstein

I had a quadcopter questions so I thought I would use the megathread???. I found this quadcopter on gearbest found a very interesting good in Gearbest:JJRC JJPRO - P130 Battler 130mm RC Racing Quadcopter - ARF http://www.gearbest.com/multi-rotor-parts/pp_461940.html and went holy crap that's a a great deal and looked into it to see if it would be compatible with my fs-i6 and I can't find anything about the receiver on the quad, so what receiver is on this quadcopter and is it compatible. If there is no receiver what receiver would be compatible with it.

4 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

I need new goggles.

Lol I do monitor fpv, though I have never used goggles because I don't reliably have a spotter. It's also just so dang expensive

On 4/15/2017 at 7:00 AM, Hackentosher said:

Shit happened :D

IMG_p3etki.jpg

We should make a grave for props. I could donate a few, well maybe more than a few ???

4 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

I need new goggles.

4 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Morning sessions are fun :D 

On 4/9/2017 at 9:42 PM, Not_Sean said:

Check it out, not for me, although did play with the idea of the Shendrones Corgi. 

but pulled the trigger today and got the Diatone Tyrant 180 and don't worry didn't get it off banggood. Once it gets here can do the motor+ESC+PDB built while I decide on the remaining parts. 

Def's going to do the eachine VTX03 as its size weight and biggest Price fits nicely. Still deciding on FC since Seppuku is out of stock and would like a FC with OSD, also need to find a solid cam that fits the frame. that'll get my first propper build drone up in the air, will than look at upgrading to 4S

will also grab a Turnigy Evo but I'm not having any problems flying my FS-T6 so no need to spend money on that yet. 

Should I get the p130 battler off of gearbest? it's on sale right now for $70. I have a spare 6 channel receiver and a fs-i6 so I know I can use it but Andy RC have it a nasty review. I have seen a lot of people putting 4s batteries into it and saying it's way way way better but I saw someone in the comment sections say 4s blew the quad and the escs on the quad are 12 amp. Should I go for it and yolo? Or should I get something else. I love the idea of being able to fly using a 130mm brushless quad but there are sacrifices for that. Here's Dustin dunhills review. Thanks for the help

Spoiler

Here's Dustin dunhills review

23 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Should I get the p130 battler off of gearbest? it's on sale right now for $70. I have a spare 6 channel receiver and a fs-i6 so I know I can use it but Andy RC have it a nasty review. I have seen a lot of people putting 4s batteries into it and saying it's way way way better but I saw someone in the comment sections say 4s blew the quad and the escs on the quad are 12 amp. Should I go for it and yolo? Or should I get something else. I love the idea of being able to fly using a 130mm brushless quad but there are sacrifices for that. Here's Dustin dunhills review. Thanks for the help

Hide contents

Here's Dustin dunhills review

aahhh thats a hard one hey, I honestlyu wouldn't know enough to say if its good or not, but personally I found I ether build 180-200 for Racing or as small as possible on Brushless so like a 90 as the smaller the more fun I can have indoors without the constant battery sag of some of the whoops. 

Its personal hey. I know the 110-180 quads can be great I just personally don't see a point in them, Would rather spec up my Racer or indoor. don't need a in between. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

44 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

aahhh thats a hard one hey, I honestlyu wouldn't know enough to say if its good or not, but personally I found I ether build 180-200 for Racing or as small as possible on Brushless so like a 90 as the smaller the more fun I can have indoors without the constant battery sag of some of the whoops. 

Its personal hey. I know the 110-180 quads can be great I just personally don't see a point in them, Would rather spec up my Racer or indoor. don't need a in between. 

I'm just getting into fpv racing and this would be my first acro quad. my main reason for this quad is that this quad is $70 and all the other brushless arf or bnf quads are over $100/ if you know any racing quads in that price point that are good I'm all ears but this is the only one I know right now.