Seeking Assistance About PSU

Hello I am planning on purchasing parts in the near future to build my first desktop. I have been meticulously picking out parts that meet all my criteria but the PSU is something i am having a bit of trouble with and i am seeking assistance. I found the calculator on a techquickie video but i do not fully understand it.

There are photos attached of me doing a BALL PARK estimate of what the PC will be when it is done. it is a ball park estimate because i have not fully finished shopping yet.

Parts that are ON my list currently:

Case: Cougar Challenger

MB: z270 xpower gaming titanium MSI

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080ti

Heat Sink: Noctua nhd15 heat pipe

CPU: intel i7 7700 kabylake lga 1151

Planned to shop for parts:

* Bluray Optical Drive

*I estimate 6-7 fans, 1 for sure will have leds in it, 2 might be static pressure if that makes a difference

*at least 1 ssd

*a few (2-4) Hardrives

* 32gb - 64gb ram (Have yet to decide, leaning more toward 64) ddr4

*bluetooth

(that should cover it i think)

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help. 

I am basically asking "hey here's what i got so far, and here's what im thinking about getting... now tell me/send me a link of a good PSU to buy

Screenshot (99).png

Screenshot (100).png

Jeezuz fuck that's why I never trust psu calculators. 1000w for a single 1080ti is plain stupid. Nvidia recommends 650w so stick with that and you will be fine. Though 550w should be fine too

Wait why did you put 8 i7 7700k? 

600W+ is comfortably enough.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Wait why did you put 8 i7 7700k? 

i guess he thinks each core needs to be in there, so also the hyper treading. which will lead to 8 cores

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

650watt will do you fine, but personally, I would get a 750watt. I just want to bring it to your attention, that the S340 and the Define S are in the similar pricing of your case. Both cases which have bigger windows, which means you get to see all that sexiness. 

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

Thank you for all your speedy response (honesty didn't see that coming lol) yes the 8 i7 7700k was a mistake on my part... so all of you are saying between 550w -700w now.

I would also like to ask do you recommend non modular, semi, or fully modular and what brand if i were to go with a 650w or 700w?

9 hours ago, Platinum Fox said:

Thank you for all your speedy response (honesty didn't see that coming lol) yes the 8 i7 7700k was a mistake on my part... so all of you are saying between 550w -700w now.

I would also like to ask do you recommend non modular, semi, or fully modular and what brand if i were to go with a 650w or 700w?

I don't recommend any particular modularity because it matters more or less to some people. I'm partial to semi-modularity because all the cables you absolutely will need to use are pinned on the far side of the PSU making it easier to route those cables into a cable management grommet on most any decent case and the other cables are modular. 

For a 1080ti an EVGA GS/GQ/B2/G3/G2, 550W or higher would be fine, 650W if you want more headroom for more hard drives or whatever else.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

43 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I don't recommend any particular modularity because it matters more or less to some people. I'm partial to semi-modularity because all the cables you absolutely will need to use are pinned on the far side of the PSU making it easier to route those cables into a cable management grommet on most any decent case and the other cables are modular. 

For a 1080ti an EVGA GS/GQ/B2/G3/G2, 550W or higher would be fine, 650W if you want more headroom for more hard drives or whatever else.

Thank you