Sufficient cooling for 3570K

Lolcrokn

Alright , so my temps are "pretty toasty" I guess we could say... It reaches up to 80°C while under 30% load and when encoding all the way up to 104°. What cooling would be sufficient to get better temps, I haven't re-applied thermal paste in like a year or two which is not "cool" :D I was thinking of Cryorig H7 or something like that but is there any better solution ? 

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB HyperX RAM

CPU: R5 3600 

Motherboard: ASRock B450 Fatal1ty gaming K4

What cooler do you have right now? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

What cooler do you have right now? 

It wouldn't take you many guesses to guess its Intel stock cooler - smh 

2 minutes ago, Lolcrokn said:

Alright , so my temps are "pretty toasty" I guess we could say... It reaches up to 80°C while under 30% load and when encoding all the way up to 104°. What cooling would be sufficient to get better temps, I haven't re-applied thermal paste in like a year or two which is not "cool" :D I was thinking of Cryorig H7 or something like that but is there any better solution ? 

There are better options but it depends on how much you'd like to spend. Is it overclocked?

Hyper 212 EVO would probably suit you well

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]

Just now, Lolcrokn said:

It wouldn't take you many guesses to guess its Intel stock cooler - smh 

If you've not overclocked it (which you haven't if your Sig is correct), a stock cooler is fine.

Try reapplying thermal paste and make sure it's actually mounted correctly :) 

If not, a H7 would be a good choice.

Just now, Heavygun1450 said:

But...the cryorig h7 is better in every single way (except the actual price) as it looks better, cools better and is quieter :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

There are better options but it depends on how much you'd like to spend. Is it overclocked?

It is not overclocked, just because of the current temps, although I would like to get into it. Budget is not strict I just want to have a good performer- it could even be a AIO but not expensive ones

1 minute ago, Heavygun1450 said:

Yea I don't really like the looks of it that much, I thought H7 was better and quieter ? 

Just now, Lolcrokn said:

It is not overclocked, just because of the current temps, although I would like to get into it. Budget is not strict I just want to have a good performer- it could even be a AIO but not expensive ones

Yea I don't really like the looks of it that much, I thought H7 was better and quieter ? 

H7 is indeed better, not sure about quiter

If you want less noise take a look at Dark Rock series like Dark Rock 3 they cool very well too

But I would suggest reapplying thermal paste first, that's a really high temp even w/o overclocking

My H7 is great, it only gets loud at 1400rpm+, as long as you dont let it go over that with a custom fan curve its good

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

Have you tried undervolting?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.