Asking parents for money

VicRik

Hi guys,

I often hear people on the internet and on TV asking their parents for money. Randomly. Is that normal? Because I'm pretty sure that if I were to ask my parents for free money they'd be: Uhm no?

Just wondering about this and since I have no friends to talk to I do it here <3

VicRik

When I was a kid, I would make deals with my parents.

Vacuum the rugs for a .50c

take out the trash for .35c

wash the windows for a 1.

etc.

Didn't take me long to save enough to buy my first computer for $200 from a local arcade that was upgrading their systems.

Inflation should get you paid more then that though  :P

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

6 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Vacuum the rugs for a .50c

take out the trash for .35c

wash the windows for a 1.

etc.

Didn't take me long to save enough to buy my first computer for $200 from a local arcade that was upgrading their systems.

Inflation should get you paid more then that though  :P

Hahaha good idea!

I just asked for money whenever I needed it when I was a child. I asked, told them what I needed the money for and then they decided yes or no. For bigger purchases I saved up birthday and Christmas money. I did not get a weekly allowance or something like that though, nor did I do any chores.  

It worked fine for me and my parents. 

Growing up my parents would provide me with the essentials, food, shelter, water, etc. They eventually got me a phone when I could drive (a Nokia 6100) that was to be used for emergencies only. If I wanted anything more (games, new phone, etc.) I had to get a job and work for it. After doing that for so many years, I never think and never have asked my parents for money, I want to work and earn the things I desire.

If you're interested in gaming, check out my YouTube channel! New video every Saturday! Every comment, like, and subscription helps! Thanks!

(I don't have 100 subs yet so no direct link yet XD)

My parents always were very generous when there was stuff I actually needed. Other stuff I saved up for my birthday and christmas. I bought my Macbook Pro from the money I made on my first real Job in 2012 (worked just two months and still had some cash left) and still use this laptop today.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

well like what do you need it for?

I'm 23 and my parents sometimes give me money like if I incur a cost that I didn't think about and I'm close to the line they are happy to top me up. I try not to make a habit of it though, I really don't like depending on other people.

If it's a new computer or s that you can go to the cinema or something, I think you should pay for that yourself.

The times of me just asking my parents for stuff ended when I was 13, I just found asking for stuff to be too scummy. Instead I asked for slightly more substantial birthday and Christmas presents, for example when I built my PC everything was payed for by me, except for the case and memory, which I asked for as birthday and Christmas presents respectively.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

I had an allowance when I was young, but I also had to do chores, like cleaning the bathroom, doing dishes, vacuuming the house, help with cooling, etc. It was a fair exchange, I think.

thats reletively normal yea, unless you get an allowance. or at least where i live its normal for parents to do. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

On 26.03.2017 г. at 3:31 PM, PCMasterDebater said:

Sounds nice.

When I tried that my mother beat my ass with a cudgel so hard that it broke. Then make me sat on my knees on beer caps (at the sharp side) for two hours.

I never had an allowance. But still it was back in the days of communism ruling our country, so I was not really the only one without any contact with money.

Also there where no means of getting jobs for everyone under 18.

By the time when computers where something common I was already old dude. :)

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

Yes. I'm kind of a fuck up :/ I asked my dad for a loan.

Im ashamed :(

2 hours ago, WindirBear said:

Yes. I'm kind of a fuck up :/ I asked my dad for a loan.

Im ashamed :(

How is that "fucked up"?

Some people would simply ask for money with no intention of repaying it. At least with a loan, you're intending on paying him back.

As long as you don't waste the money on useless purchases and use it on whatever reason you needed, then it's totally fine.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

All depends

Rich families

Poor families

Middle Income families

depends on the parents