What to Use in My Christmas Computer Update.

intronate67

Hello Everybody Christmas is coming up and i always upgrade my computer. But this year i only need a few thing but i could not decide what to use. 

I am mainly looking to spend around $500 and since i already have MOSTLY everything here are the things i need.

Graphics Card

NEW Monitor

Peripherals: Mouse & Keyboard.

Now my main issue is what graphics card to get. I was looking at a Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 Windforce and i really liked it.

for my monitor i had no idea what to choose. I was really looking for a 20" - 23" monitor that was from ASUS or ACER. 

For peripherals i really dont need the highest grade Gaming keyboard and mouse, i just needed something that was comfortable to use and was good looking.

So My Current System is:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3550 3.3 GHz

GPU: NONE

Motherboard: ASRock B75 Pro 3

RAM: 16 GB of Corsair Vengence

PSU: Rosewill 600W Performance Series

Case: Sentey Arvina Extreme Division

Keyboard: Logitech(thats all i know i dont know what model)

Mouse: HP (Its old but it gets stuff done.)

So if you guys could help me pick some parts for my upgrade that would be great!

- Hunter

I'd get a 770/7970 with that money, then get a VA panel with a mech keyboard and a G400/Deathadder 2013

I can help you for the GPU:.

There are a lot of options, but i think that the beasts are:

-GTX 770 2GB SC;

-R9 280X Sapphire Toxic Edition.

They're really good and pretty cheap :)

I can help you for the GPU:.

There are a lot of options, but i think that the beasts are:

-GTX 770 2GB SC;

-R9 280X Sapphire Toxic Edition.

They're really good and pretty cheap :)

Can you possibly put a link in your post?

For the monitor you could also look at Dell, they have a nice and good priced FullHD 24inch monitor (P2414H I believe) and TFTCentral has an excellent review on it.

For the GPU indeed, the 770 or 7970/280x are good options. I would try to get a 7970 if they are comparably priced, the 280x only gives never settle silver (vs gold) and the 770 only has 2GB. Especially sinds AMD now has Battlefield 4 and Thief in the bundle. As for the keyboard, you could try to squeeze a cheap mechanical one in (like the Steelseriew 6Gv2). 

Can you possibly put a link in your post?

If you put it in google you will find it too.

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

those are great cards no doubt but i dont think his budget of approx $150 could get him a keyboard, mouse, and a new monitor

I'd get a 770/7970 with that money, then get a VA panel with a mech keyboard and a G400/Deathadder 2013

that won't work out by a long shot!

those are great cards no doubt but i dont think his budget of approx $150 could get him a keyboard, mouse, and a new monitor

My Budget is 500...Watchu talking about??

as for the keyboard i would like to show you the Quickfire TK or storm trigger. you can get it in a variety of switches (my personal favourites are blues and browns)

Hello Everybody Christmas is coming up and i always upgrade my computer. But this year i only need a few thing but i could not decide what to use. 

I am mainly looking to spend around $500 and since i already have MOSTLY everything here are the things i need.

Graphics Card

NEW Monitor

Peripherals: Mouse & Keyboard.

So if you guys could help me pick some parts for my upgrade that would be great!

- Hunter

This:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr928xoc3gd

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umvg6aab01

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/perixx-keyboard-11060

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-mouse-sgm2001blon1

if you have the money, get them all, if not, get them in that order :)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

that won't work out by a long shot!

darn, well just get a mouse it's more important than the keyboard

still sticking to VA panel and better graphics card

My Budget is 500...Watchu talking about??

budget of $500 - approx $350 = $150 for the three others which is not enough considering a decent monitor is around $120 u got $30 left foa a keyboard and mouse i which is a complete joke considering you want nice things xD

Get a GPU and then a nice mouse/keyboard like a Razer Naga 2014/Ducky Shine III

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Is the system just for gaming?

If you're shopping during Christmas, I'd recommend planning/asking later. Parts and prices change frequently. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.