Steam keys: Lords of the Fallen - $1.05 / Superhot - $1.58

Delicieuxz

Lords of the Fallen: https://www.scdkey.com/lords-of-the-fallen-digital-deluxe-steam-cd-key_1564-20.html

Superhot: https://www.scdkey.com/superhot-steam-cd-key_1562-20.html

Lords of the Fallen is an action-RPG that has awesome artwork, atmosphere, and combat, and is one of my favourite games from the previous few years.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

that's not a hot deal, that's just another incarnation of the concept behind G2A and kinguin.

EDIT: proof of my point: super hot price has gone down since yesterday.

On 25/03/2017 at 3:33 PM, manikyath said:

that's not a hot deal, that's just another incarnation of the concept behind G2A and kinguin.

To that, I want to say: It is a legal right to resell one's property - which a software license is. And, there's nothing wrong with marketplaces for individual people to sell their legal licenses, or with larger 3rd-party stores reselling software licenses they acquire in bulk through various avenues.

27 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

While there are legitimately some things to take into consideration regarding purchasing games from 3rd-party key resellers, I think that there also is some false and exaggerated propaganda being pushed about them by some select neurotic develops who are upset that people aren't paying full dollar for their games.

Firstly, the G2A marketplace does not represent 3rd-party key-resellers - it represents a forum for individuals to sell their keys. Arguments made for or against G2A marketplace do not necessarily apply to businesses that are 3rd-party key-resellers, and arguments for or against 3rd-party key-resellers do not necessarily apply to the G2A marketplace.

Secondly, many of the individuals selling games on G2A got their keys legitimately, such as through Humblebundle, Bundlestars, in-store promos, during Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc sales, or as gifts, through trading, or from cheap eBay listings, and other situations. I have a lot of game keys I have not used, and I have lately been thinking about selling them on G2A. I think the idea that it would be better for developers or publishers if someone were to pirate a game than to buy a legitimate key from me that I gained through legitimate means is a great demonstration of a particular developer's stupidity. And, I expect that credit card fraud likely accounts for a small number of key-resale cases.

Thirdly, there are many sources for the keys that 3rd-party key resellers have to sell, and I'd bet that most of them are legally legitimate, even when they don't make publishers and developers the same amount of profit as they would like to be making from their sales. Credit card fraud is more likely to account for small numbers of keys here and there, and not the bulk key acquisitions that 3rd-party resellers make by buying games from one region where it's cheaper, and then selling the game in other regions, where it's normally more expensive.

Now, I think that the argument in this link: http://twinfinite.net/2016/06/dev-going-buy-g2a-please-pirate-game-instead/

... is plainly nonsense, and the hyper-subjective and, IMO, their "True Cost of G2A" balancing of cost between spending money, convenience, personal moral... is astonishingly ludicrous, dumb, and False. It is a case of some hyperventilating developer is presuming to assert to people how they think and feel about various acquisition methods, and in doing so is also attempting to impose a dictation upon people's perceptions of what various acquisition avenues represent - with the basis for their argument being subjective opinion and re-framing the subject through acknowledging only particular potential aspects of it. Whoever wrote that is probably very lacking in social and life experience.

Also, there is a great stupidity in saying 'I'd rather have you pirate than buy G2A', and such a comment is obviously about making a point through hyperbolic emotional display (again, a lack of social skills), while disregarding relevant consideration of the matter. When somebody pirates a game, they make use of that game for free, and no money goes to the developer or publisher. When somebody buys a game key through a 3rd-party reseller, that key, if it works to access the game, was paid for somebody somewhere down the line, and there was a transaction between publisher or developer, and whoever first acquired that key. Therefore, with a 3rd-party key resale, some money has been made for the publisher, developer, or both. But with pirating a game, no money has been made for the publisher and developer.

That "True Cost of G2A" graph is as over-the-top cartoonish and as much deranged False propaganda as the 1930's DEA propaganda film Refer Madness.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

9 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

To that, I want to say: It is a legal right to resell one's property - which a software license is. And, there's nothing wrong with marketplaces for individual people to sell their legal licenses, or with larger 3rd-party stores reselling software licenses they acquire in bulk through various avenues.

did i say it was illegal? did i even voice an opinion at all?

all i said was that this is a market place like them, not what i'd consider a hot deal, because chances are that that price is there to stay a very long time.

imagine if we'd have everything on G2A in hot deals, would get rather stale quickly wouldnt it?

EDIT: oh, and since we're in legal speak, technically, the legality of such cases depends on the license agreement, in most of which they reserve the right to revoke the license at any time, and usually have clauses for cases like these.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

did i say it was illegal? did i even voice an opinion at all?

all i said was that this is a market place like them, not what i'd consider a hot deal, because chances are that that price is there to stay a very long time.

imagine if we'd have everything on G2A in hot deals, would get rather stale quickly wouldnt it?

Then maybe I misread your post's message.

They were great deals in being Steam keys at a price that is far beneath the normal price for those games - even from key resellers. They're both at $8.45 USD now (still a great price for either game).

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Then maybe I misread your post's message.

They were great deals in being Steam keys at a price that is far beneath the normal price for those games - even from key resellers. They're both at $8.45 USD now (still a great price for either game).

the thing is that there's kinda potentially hundreds of these each week, and you have to draw a line between "oh look this is a great deal" and "oh, there's great deals here constantly"

Just now, manikyath said:

the thing is that there's kinda potentially hundreds of these each week, and you have to draw a line between "oh look this is a great deal" and "oh, there's great deals here constantly"

Sure, there are lots of sudden bargain discounts for games from 3rd-party key resellers, but this one was for a sort-of unknown game that I really like (LotF), and so I wanted to share it.