Chassis fans runs at max even at lowest setting

BrixInator

I tried to get more flow on my pc by adding more fans and a BitFenix Recon. I can turn the fans off, but as soon as i turn them on, they run at max speed. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the Recon since it the fans did not make that much noise before i installed them through there. Got any ideas?

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

your fans are 2-pin or 3-pin? the recon relies on a fan rpm and the 2-pin does not have a rpm signal.

I got Noctua fans and in the describtion it says they range from ca. 500 rpm to 2000 rpm or so. SO i guess it is controlable. I can't get to choose the fans and i don't have the options as he does in the guide

the bitfenix recon cannot regulate PWM fans properly. the recon is for 3-pin fans. a motherboard fan header (4-pin) can adjust the fan speeds.

So my bitfenix recon is practicly useless with the fans i got?

10 hours ago, BrixInator said:

So my bitfenix recon is practicly useless with the fans i got?

It can be used but isn't optimal since it doesn't support 4pin pwm.

You need to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On ‎27‎-‎03‎-‎2017 at 11:46 PM, WoodenMarker said:

It can be used but isn't optimal since it doesn't support 4pin pwm.

You need to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

when im using the recon the fans runs at full speed and make alot of noise, so it is useless in its current state. Or i just got something completely wrong. The reason i got the recon is because my motherboard only got 2 4-pin for chassis fans.

2 hours ago, BrixInator said:

when im using the recon the fans runs at full speed and make alot of noise, so it is useless in its current state. Or i just got something completely wrong. The reason i got the recon is because my motherboard only got 2 4-pin for chassis fans.

Where are you getting the reading for the fan speed? What settings are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.