Black Screen after Installing AMD Driver

Hello,

I seem to be experiencing a weird bug after installing drivers for my R9 390. After restarting after installation, Windows boots up fine but after a minute or so my screen will just go black. The drivers work just fine if I don't restart after installing them. Any idea on how I would go about fixing this?

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Hi,

download the installation package for the previous version of the graphics driver if you don't have it in your PC, try doing a clean install of the new graphics driver using DDU. If that doesn't help switch back to the old driver and wait for a new version.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

boot it up in safe mode, and uninstall the amd drivers.

then, reboot and it wil start up with the wwdm driver for your card. uninstall that driver from device manager.

your screen will have a horrible resolution after that but that's normal.

install the amd drivers that you downloaded, reboot, and it should be fine.

i had this with a hd 6670

She/Her