AMD VEGA official details

NumLock21
21 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Believe it was when they compared the top end Skylake I gpu to the consoles fps performance and it was at 30fps. I'll have to try and find it as it's a pretty old news article that covered it.

I'll await your link. Consider that the XBO and PS4 aren't even the top end consoles anymore, so you're comparing top end Skylake to APU's from 2013.

And even in that case, I'm still skeptical about your claim (And I wonder if any performance gains are due to the CPU itself or the actual iGPU).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 4/27/2017 at 3:59 PM, dalekphalm said:

As a side note, AMD pretty much invented the Multi-monitor gaming experience with EyeFinity, and historically, it has always been more well rounded compared to NVIDIA Surround gaming. Maybe that's not the case today - I don't know. But I know that even at the height of it's popularity, hardly anyone used it. Even less so now.

amd did?

thought soft th and matrox's triplehead was out way before

hmmm

5 minutes ago, pas008 said:

amd did?

thought soft th and matrox's triplehead was out way before

hmmm

That was more for pure multi monitor setups for workstations/billboards.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

lol nope

aimed at gaming too lol

On 4/28/2017 at 5:54 PM, dalekphalm said:

I'll await your link. Consider that the XBO and PS4 aren't even the top end consoles anymore, so you're comparing top end Skylake to APU's from 2013.

And even in that case, I'm still skeptical about your claim (And I wonder if any performance gains are due to the CPU itself or the actual iGPU).

The PS4 Pro has a GPU similar to the RX 470 in performance. The Scorpio will have a GPU with 40 CUs which is more than the RX 480 (though likely lower clock speed). Last I saw, the highest end Intel iGPU offering was something like GTX 950 levels of performance.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, pas008 said:

lol nope

strictly aimed at gaming lol

As in Matrox's multiple displays-AMD's "eyefinity sure, that was aimed at gaming (though OEM advertising up to 6 displays via Eyefinity on laptops with only 1x HDMI and 1x VGA output was a side effect).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

12 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

The PS4 Pro has a GPU similar to the RX 470 in performance. The Scorpio will have a GPU with 40 CUs which is more than the RX 480 (though likely lower clock speed). Last I saw, the highest end Intel iGPU offering was something like GTX 950 levels of performance.

Ah yes, the dangers of looking purely at FPS numbers and not taking note of graphical settings and resolutions. We shouldn't have to be saying this at all, it's common knowledge Intel integrated graphics are very low performance and don't even come close to matching mid range GPUs.

24 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

19 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lol nope

aimed at gaming too lol

I actually had a Matrox GPU back in the day, G200, one of the best cards I ever had. It allowed me to play Diablo II so by default it is on the list of best cards I've ever used :).

Matrox was primarily a company that serviced the broadcast, medical and other professional workstation applications. It's all they do now, they used to try and get in to the gaming market but that failed big time, now they keep to what they know and use AMD GPUs rather than trying to make their own.

They had some really nice features like multiple desktop support in their software utilities which I found very useful.

32 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I actually had a Matrox GPU back in the day, G200, one of the best cards I ever had. It allowed me to play Diablo II so by default it is on the list of best cards I've ever used :).

Matrox was primarily a company that serviced the broadcast, medical and other professional workstation applications. It's all they do now, they used to try and get in to the gaming market but that failed big time, now they keep to what they know and use AMD GPUs rather than trying to make their own.

They had some really nice features like multiple desktop support in their software utilities which I found very useful.

used matrox powerdesk for the longest time think might still have it on other pc hdd lol

It's not really official or anything but I stumbled across this result on 3dmark and don't really know what to make of it. Seems like it could be legit.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

1 hour ago, Carclis said:

It's not really official or anything but I stumbled across this result on 3dmark and don't really know what to make of it. Seems like it could be legit.

a little above the 1080 isn't it?

5 minutes ago, Flavio hc 16 said:

a little above the 1080 isn't it?

I think so. The clocks are also very unusual.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

Whelp so much for Prey using idTech, they're using Cryengine for the game. Very odd choice given they had access to Bethesda's stuff, specifically idTech 6.

CryEngine can be all over the place performance wise depending on the developer; so will be interesting to see what they manage.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

4 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Whelp so much for Prey using idTech, they're using Cryengine for the game. Very odd choice given they had access to Bethesda's stuff, specifically idTech 6.

CryEngine can be all over the place performance wise depending on the developer; so will be interesting to see what they manage.

Interesting Vega news.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

7 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Interesting Vega news.

Vega is advertised with Prey, leading many to believe it'll be using idTech 6 to help show Vega in the best light.

"This is a true engineering collaboration between the companies, not just kind of marketing or branding stuff," said AMD CEO Raja Koduri. "We have dedicated engineers on both sides working on optimizations and leveraging multiple cores, and all the new features in the Radeon GPUs."

One of the key aspects highlighted is the implementation of the Vulkan graphics API. We saw with DOOM that AMD is leaps ahead of Nvidia in terms of optimising that specific game, and both AMD and Bethesda are looking to accelerate Vulkan’s implementation across the gaming landscape.

http://www.game-debate.com/news/22404/amd-announces-partnership-with-bethesda-for-vega-and-ryzen-performance-optimization

amd-vega-prey-banner.jpg

6 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Vega is advertised with Prey, leading many to believe it'll be using idTech 6 to help show Vega in the best light.

quake champions is the game using idtech and vulkan. I don't think anybody claimed that for Prey..

7 minutes ago, Humbug said:

quake champions is the game using idtech and vulkan. I don't think anybody claimed that for Prey..

Why I stated what I did in that quote of yours. Further explained by the other news reports about Bethesda and Vulkan.

Let's just hope Prey is extremely well optimised, otherwise the Vega marketing for it will end up backfiring. 

2 hours ago, Humbug said:

Prey is an AMD title, or "Gaming Evolved". But aside from that there is no other "AMD" marketing. I think Roy Taylor from AMD talked about a VR version, or the possibility of one, on twitter. But that guy is a VR maniac, so he would prob say that of any cool game.

Ya'll ready for some more "leaks"? Well CompuBench apparently has you covered.

https://hardwaresfera.com/la-amd-vega-687c1-destroza-la-nvidia-gtx-1080-sombra-la-nvidia-gtx-1080-ti-compubench/

amd-687c1-gpu.jpg

Bolded the results of the winner for each test.

AMD 687F:C1

Face Detection:                 155.667 mPixels/s

TV-L1 Optical Flow:            57.070 mPixels/s

Ocean Surface Simulation:  3808.461 mPixels/s

Particle Simulation 64K:      1698.678 mInteraction/s

T-Rex:                              14.754 mPixels/s

Video Composition:             161.756 mPixels/s

Bitcoin Mining:                   1207.254 mHash/s

NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti

Face Detection:                 165.103 mPixels/s

TV-L1 Optical Flow:           48.569 mPixels/s

Ocean Surface Simulation:  2438.579 mPixels/s

Particle Simulation 64K:      1874.249 mInteraction/s

T-Rex:                              18.582 mPixels/s

Video Composition:            25.888 mPixels/s

Bitcoin Mining:                  968.666 mHash/s

Still 64 ROPs only, I'm afraid it's going to impact performance quite a bit.

PLEASE VEGA BE GOOD

I need to upgrade and I want AMD.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

9 minutes ago, Agost said:

Still 64 ROPs only, I'm afraid it's going to impact performance quite a bit.

PLEASE VEGA BE GOOD

I need to upgrade and I want AMD.

start to believe that there  might be some sort of limitation, as even the 290x had 64 rops 

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

What if Vega is not just one GPU?  What if they have one that's 1080 level, one that's 1080ti level, and 1 that's Titan XP level?

I doubt it'll be an entire lineup of GPUs, but that'd be nice to have options. But I doubt any of them are gonna be higher than 1080, seeing as the benchmarks leaked so far placed it smack dab in between the 1080 and 1070.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Were those engineering samples or actuals?

Were those engineering samples or actuals?

http://hothardware.com/news/amd-radeon-rx-vega-3dmark-timespy-benchmark-allegedly-leaks

Apparently a while ago a TimeSpy benchmark result got uploaded to Futuremark's website, with an overall score of 5,950 (Graphics score of 5,721 and a CPU score of 7,699). It was an unlisted GPu, paired with an 1800x.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540