RGB Ethernet Cables Possible?

I was thinking about how much Linus loves RGB and stuff and honestly I have the RGB disease myself (especially when I can control em) I was think if there was any possible way to create my own rgb Ethernet cables. RGB is probably an overstatement and I would need a controller in the Ethernet cable for it to be RGB controlled, but what if I put an led at the head and wired it to the Ethernet cable itself. Once again very unlikely but any suggestions would be awesome I would love an RGB ethernet for my room. Or at least some cool designed Ethernet cables.

could you.  yes

its gonna be a pain

you could put leds every few inches like those rope lights, or do some glow wire, or just use light pipes. Then either have a seprate plug for controlling the leds, or add a little switch and run it off poe.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

could you.  yes

its gonna be a pain

you could put leds every few inches like those rope lights, or do some glow wire, or just use light pipes. Then either have a seprate plug for controlling the leds, or add a little switch and run it off poe.

I thought about that as well like make holes at the top and expose the wire insert the light and repeat I'm worried about the quality of signal being effected at that point ill by some stuff this weekend and try it though hahaha

Just now, Specters said:

I thought about that as well like make holes at the top and expose the wire insert the light and repeat I'm worried about the quality of signal being effected at that point ill by some stuff this weekend and try it though hahaha

Im not sure how glow wire or light pipes work ill look that up now

I'm sorry to say this, but that sounds like an incredibly stupid idea

My native language is C++

14 minutes ago, zMeul said:

so .. you're adding EMI on cables that are specifically made to mitigate that shit :dry:

How do LEDs cause EMI? I guess if you're using PWM for controlling the brightness, yeah, but you would have to be stripping away the shielding for that to affect something.

18 minutes ago, zMeul said:

so .. you're adding EMI on cables that are specifically made to mitigate that shit :dry:

But its RGB. Im saying though it could totally freak it up xD

9 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

I'm sorry to say this, but that sounds like an incredibly stupid idea

But look ethernet cables are just so plane sure it may be a stupid idea but im still waiting for someone to 3d print different cat6 header designs :D  like please anything I think even the Nylon ethernet cables look better then your standard cables