wall mounting solution

ickyvicky125

hey guys. so I was wondering if there was a way I can "mount a tv or monitor" without actually drilling holes into the wall? I want to do something like in the picture below. (not my pic, got it from google".)

the tv I would like to mount is 14 pounds so its not that heavy. thanks in advance. wasn't sure if there was an inexpensive way to do it even though wall mounts are like 15 bucks. the point is that its against my lease in my apartment to drill holes in the wall. lol

9abfc8.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Command-Refill-Strips-Medium-9-Strips/dp/B0014CQGW4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490412494&sr=8-3&keywords=3m+command+strips

Err... Get the larger pack.

Each one is rated at 3 lbs.

EDIT for clarification: Get the VESA mount, but instead of screwing them to the wall, use the command strips.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

I would never trust command strips to hold up a computer monitor.  My wife actually got stiches recently because a 4lb. picture frame fell on her.  The back of the frame looked like its entire back was a giant Command Strip because so many were used.  That wasn't the first time the frame had fallen, either.  They do not always hold up.  

And instead of a hole in the wall, they'll tear the paint and paper right off the sheetrock.  I actually found it easier as a landlord to fill and paint small holes anchored to a stud, than to sand and paint where people placed command strips.  

We would not recommend mounting a TV or monitor to the wall without using screws.  Since the rear area of a TV/monitor isn't always flat or as large as the front, a double-sided tape solution just isn't safe.  That, and I used some 3M wall hooks with command strips to put up some Christmas lights and greenery, and had problems with the hooks falling off the wall all season long.  Each one wasn't supporting more than a few ounces, and they were still falling off every now and then. 

Agreed.  TVs and monitors need to be solidly anchored and mounted.  Either to the floor, desk, or wall.  And check 'where' on a desk.  Glass tops may be able to handle a weight, but not in a focused point of a mounting pole or bracket.  I've seen many shatter because of poor judgement in mounting.