Bitguard.. oh how i loathe thee.. (venting thread)

This is a thread i made to vent my frustrations with the bitguard virus..thing.  (censored swearing warning)

If you've ever downloaded a new browser in a fit of rage against IE you may have come across a vile thing called "Bitguard"..

This is a virus designed to annoy you in ways any other virus fails to do..

It's sole purpose is to change your default search Engine to a much worse one. And keep you from changing it to anything else.

I got it today...

I downloaded firefox after IE crashed for the millionth time and in my anger i clicked the default install option..

I used Firefox for a few moments Before i decided i wanted to google something.

But my new tabs only showed some worthless thing called "triple search"...

So i tried to change it... This proved to be impossible... I disabled all plugins... it came back..

Then i closed firefox for a while and Went back to IE. When i came back to Firefox AVG notified me that it had detected a threat...

"Bitguard.dll".

I just clicked "protect me"

5 seconds later. "threat detected.. Bitguard.dll"

I kept clicking "protect me" but every time i did it came back in exactly 5 seconds!

So i thought. "Bitguard.. prepare to die". And first i tried uninstalling it... it wouldn't let me.

I tried uninstalling it with the Control panel... wouldn't let me.

Then i tried removing the files manually... Still wouldn't let me. But atleast it told me why. "file open in Another program"

SO i tried task manager. It wouldn't let me Close it! Instead it shut down my ENTIRE PC!.. and when it restarted it was back again..

So now.. after a full windows re-install i'll stick to IE...

And to whoever created this USELESS and IRRITATING PIECE OF S***T PROGRAM.. 

Please die in a fire you monkey f****** mouthbreathing inbred...

*end rant

Anyone else run into this program?   

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I've downloaded Firefox many different times on many different computers and never got this virus. Where did you download Firefox from?

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I've seen many people run into this type of malware and every time it happens the best way to remove it is to do it manually. You have to find the files and delete them, but wait you just said that it wouldn't let you because of the files being open in a program. So what do i do? 

1) get the program to throw up some kind of message and try to find its name. Like blankdfasdf.exe or adfasdfdas.dll

2) then open the properties panel and find where it is in your system C:/programs(x86)/something

3) open the command prompt and try to find it using the command "tasklist"

4) once found use "taskkill /pid (process number)" This should kill the program

5) now go back to the file in your system C:/programs(x86)/something and delete it

6) go get some cookies and say "ha b**** gotcha"  :D

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

I've downloaded Firefox many different times on many different computers and never got this virus. Where did you download Firefox from?

Download.com. Mainly because i just wanted to click the browser page and pick the first of the big 4 browsers i found. Compared to IE at the moment anything would do..

it usually works when you click custom install.. but as i was just desperate for Another browser at that moment i just clicked express install.. big mistake..

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I've seen many people run into this type of malware and every time it happens the best way to remove it is to do it manually. You have to find the files and delete them, but wait you just said that it wouldn't let you because of the files being open in a program. So what do i do? 

1) get the program to throw up some kind of message and try to find its name. Like blankdfasdf.exe or adfasdfdas.dll

2) then open the properties panel and find where it is in your system C:/programs(x86)/something

3) open the command prompt and try to find it using the command "tasklist"

4) once found use "taskkill /pid (process number)" This should kill the program

5) now go back to the file in your system C:/programs(x86)/something and delete it

6) go get some cookies and say "ha b**** gotcha"  :D

i'll have to keep that in mind if there is a next time ;)

Download.com. Mainly because i just wanted to click the browser page and pick the first of the big 4 browsers i found. Compared to IE at the moment anything would do..

it usually works when you click custom install.. but as i was just desperate for Another browser at that moment i just clicked express install.. big mistake..

This means that the malware was already on your system. Express install takes preexisting settings in your computer.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

These types of malware usually are from things like Cnet and other ads that are corrupt.

This means that the malware was already on your system. Express install takes preexisting settings in your computer.

But it did nothing to IE?... strange.. Well it's dead now.. And i have to re-install every single game,program etc on my system again...

But it did nothing to IE?... strange.. Well it's dead now.. And i have to re-install every single game,program etc on my system again...

Sorry man, hope it all works out.

Sorry man, hope it all works out.

Well atleast i feel a bit better now that i've gotten all this out in text ;).. that and i gave my punching bag enough of a beating to make the hooks break..