Handheld or Laptop

Guest Storm10
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
On 7/6/2017 at 0:02 AM, Discowarewolf69 said:

I bet you my games look 10x better than a handheld

When you can play Nintendo games on PC and get games with the same experience and story creation please tell me

Handheld or Laptop  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Handheld or Laptop

Handheld (3DS, Playstation Vita, etc..) or a Laptop.

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

What kind of laptop are we talking? Gaming? Price?

Gaming and under $725

1 minute ago, Storm10 said:

Handheld (3DS, Playstation Vita, etc..) or a Laptop.

Depepnds on what you do. There are PC exlusives as well as Nintento/Sony/Xbox exclusives. It depends

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Depepnds on what you do. There are PC exlusives as well as Nintento/Sony/Xbox exclusives. It depends

what about ps vita with remote play, what would that be? 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

That would be: too much money to throw so decides to buy a PS Vita and a new PC to be able to use remote play because money is not an issue at all

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

It's kinda like a Nintendo Switch then.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

That would be: too much money to throw so decides to buy a PS Vita and a new PC to be able to use remote play because money is not an issue at all

used ps vita 90 usd+ usd ps4 would be 200 usd, with few used games a 350$ setup would be nice. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

used ps vita 90 usd+ usd ps4 would be 200 usd, with few used games a 350$ setup would be nice. 

I'd take a used PSP with some old UMD disc anytime and cuseom firmware/homebrew it to get games on the card.

Just now, Storm10 said:

It's kinda like a Nintendo Switch then.

i am a big fan of the switch, i am really biased about it currently. Zelda breath of the wild is my favourite game in a long time. 

Laptop for sure because it can do other things beside game.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I'd take a used PSP with some old UMD disc anytime and cuseom firmware/homebrew it to get games on the card.

i have a pi handheld for that, i also would love that. 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

share what? 

This thread, at least 10 members to vote.

For under $725?

Handheld.  I do own a gaming laptop, but it's 3x the time of your laptop budget.  Handhelds are a much better value at that price point.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 8:10 PM, nerdslayer1 said:

i have a pi handheld for that, i also would love that. 

A pi handheld eh? I've been considering building one based on a original DMG Gameboy case.. I have some of the parts.

Without context on what OP wants... I'd say handheld such as a Vita or 3DS.  Both offer excellent entertainment for the value, and features vast libraries of digital games.  Personally I'd go for the 3DS since that still has a few years of life left compared to the Vita which has effectively been abandoned by Sony.  Also cost of memory cards for the 3DS are vastly cheaper compared to Sony's BS proprietary format.  

Then again it really does boil down to what you want to play.  Make your choices based on what you will play. 

I use my 3ds a bit when on the subway or bus and occasionally play games on my surface whenever the surface can run it. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

• 1 month later...

You could probably get emulators for all of those and play them on the laptop.

I never liked PC games never played on them, same goes for Laptops. I will go for a handheld.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the handheld camp. It's just more convenient, especially now that the Switch exists.

The fact that I can play a game like Skyrim (when the Switch version releases) or Breath of the Wild on a machine the size of the Switch is insane.

PS Vita has been dead in water for some time and are getting little to no games now a days

3ds has a massive backlog along with the massive ds backlog

Switch will be worth it once the library expands. (i need to do a write up on the switch)

Laptop, may be worth it depending on what you play and if you find something with decent battery life.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Nintendo switch

1 hour ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Nintendo switch

Got it a few days ago.