USB TV tuner issue

DarthSmartt

I bought this tv tuner off of amazon. It is a REALTEK 2832u, and for some reason it will not work with windows 10. I have tried letting windows pick drivers, installing the drivers from the website, and from the disk it includes. Nothing has seemed to work. Any ideas?

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

In Device Manager, Under Sound Video & Game Controllers, Right click the Realtek 2832U Device then click "Update Driver Software",
Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software",
Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

A 2012 Realtek 2832U driver should be on the list if you have previously installed the correct Realtek driver package. Select the Realtek 2012 driver, click Next to install the driver, the dongle then works and the 2012 driver remains installed.

If you can't see a 2012 in the Device Manager driver list or if windows is blocking the install of the 2012 driver, uninstall the 2832U device from Device Manager and delete the driver files. Then install the 2012 driver from its setup file. After Windows updates to the wrong 2009 driver,  the 2012 driver will be in the driver list in Device Manager. Go to the list and re-install the 2012 driver. Windows does not re-install the wrong 2009 driver after that.

the thing is is that i cannot get the 2012 drivers. Ive tried this but there is no 2012 driver in the list and the disk it came with has the 2009 drivers and i cant find the 2011 or 2012 drivers online

Build:                                                                          

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Primochill Vue Red fluid

You may need to try these drivers from Realtek

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Unfortunately, I haven't found drivers older than the 2009 drivers that were from a reputable source, but I fell as if these drivers might fair with good results.  

6 minutes ago, noahpattan said:

You may need to try these drivers from Realtek

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Unfortunately, I haven't found drivers older than the 2009 drivers that were from a reputable source, but I fell as if these drivers might fair with good results.  

The only problem is that im looking for either a 2011 or 2012 drivers. these are audio drivers. 

Build:                                                                          

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Primochill Vue Red fluid

My apologies, but these were the only official Realtek drivers that even mentioned the word "tuner" in them that were not from 2009. You may want to speak with either Reltek or Microsoft customer support, as I read on other forums that the drivers do exist. But for some reason they're not on Realtek's official driver search or list, which makes them extremely hard to find.

Windows Driver Support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10

Realtek Support: http://www.realtek.com/contact/contentView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=1&PFid=4&Level=2

I realize that this isn't the ideal solution for most problems, really. But with this combined support I hope you find those drivers.

Ok thanks for your help :)

Build:                                                                          

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Build:                                                                          

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Primochill Vue Red fluid