New Case Help

Misinthe

Hey everyone, I was looking for some ideas on which case to get. Currently I'm rocking a Fractal Design Node 202 and I want something more standard so I can start upgrading.

My requirements are:

1. I prefer Full Tower but can do with a Mid Tower.
  2. Must have Tempered Glass.
  3. Must have basement cover.
  4. Must allow for future custom water loop on both CPU and GPU.
  5. Quiet (not like Be Quiet! silent cases but I would like some kind of dampening so it's not just a noise box).
  6. Budget I'm looking as cheap as possible like everyone. Would not like to go over around $250.
  7. I'm based in the US.

Thank you all for your suggestions! 

NZXT S340 Elite is a nice clean looking case, i think it supports a full loop not too sure though, if not the phanteks enthoo evolv is a great case 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

On 3/24/2017 at 6:27 PM, Miguel552 said:

I don't like how low that radiator on the top hangs, leaving only option to use front for radiator but that would eliminate any use of 3.5" drives.

I have a 360 rad on the top of mine and a 240 in the from plus a large res 6 ssd's and 2 4tb hdds. Trust me it will fit 

9 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

I have a 360 rad on the top of mine and a 240 in the from plus a large res 6 ssd's and 2 4tb hdds. Trust me it will fit 

Thank you for that info, it gives me confidence on it now, one question if you don't mind, how can you fit the 3.5"? Don't you have to remove the cage when you use front radiator and open the basement compartment? 

On 3/27/2017 at 7:32 AM, Miguel552 said:

Thank you for that info, it gives me confidence on it now, one question if you don't mind, how can you fit the 3.5"? Don't you have to remove the cage when you use front radiator and open the basement compartment? 

If you use a 240 in the front you dont have to remove the drive cage 

4 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

If you use a 240 in the front you dont have to remove the drive cage 

I saw Jay's video but he doesn't show how many drives he uses or anything, only the ssd, but I already decided on this over the s340 Elite. 

Phantex P400S, used it in my new build, side if full tempered glass.

If you're interested in gaming, check out my YouTube channel! New video every Saturday! Every comment, like, and subscription helps! Thanks!

(I don't have 100 subs yet so no direct link yet XD)

10 hours ago, Miguel552 said:

I saw Jay's video but he doesn't show how many drives he uses or anything, only the ssd, but I already decided on this over the s340 Elite. 

I was just showing you how he had his Rads .  the 240 in the front doesnt extend into the bottom 

11 hours ago, Miguel552 said:

-snip-

Irrelevant: I still love  your profile gif. 

Just know that the front panel is very restrictive, so I'd look into a custom front plate, or panel mount spacers (third party)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

11 hours ago, Avayel said:

Phantex P400S, used it in my new build, side if full tempered glass.

That's too small for my needs, already looked into it but thank you for your comment. 

I was just showing you how he had his Rads .  the 240 in the front doesnt extend into the bottom 

Ohh okay, thank you again! 

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Irrelevant: I still love  your profile gif. 

Just know that the front panel is very restrictive, so I'd look into a custom front plate, or panel mount spacers (third party)

Yes, I read in another thread that the OP had to get a custom panel from V1Tech. 

Fractal Design Define S and then get a custom PSU shroud from V1Techs that is made for that case.  A little extra, but looks darn good.

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W

2 hours ago, MidnightBanshi said:

Fractal Design Define S and then get a custom PSU shroud from V1Techs that is made for that case.  A little extra, but looks darn good.

I thought fractal isn't playing with TG yet? 

50 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

I thought fractal isn't playing with TG yet? 

Whoops!  My bad.  #NotBeingObservant

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W