Need help choosing a psu / is mine good enough

Go to solution Solved by ELSknutson,

ya that PSU is sketchy at best but it should run the system. I recommend upgrading it when you get a chance though

First off , Hi everyone that decided to help , I am currently upgrading my PC and i recently got an i5 3570k and overclocked it to 4.4ghz at 1.21v stable , now i saved for a new GPU and I'm going to buy the MSI GAMING X 8G GTX 1070 , My question is , If I , have both the GPU and CPU overclocked will my PSU just not be able to handle it ?  I read on the forum about my PSU its FSP HEXA 500W 80+ dual 12v rails 18 AMPS each , Will it be able to handle the load or do i have to buy a new one , I know I'm sure as heck going to be better off getting an EVGA PSU , but my budget is tight , thanks ! 

It's a crap one, get a cheaper GPU and a new PSU

Yeah , its pretty bad but I don't want to take a step down from the 1070 , going to use it for a couple of years before i upgrade , i just wanted people to confirm if the psu really does suck , or even if i may run it with the 1070 for 1-2 months till i can get an EVGA PSU , read some reviews of The EVGA psu's and they are all 9.5+/10 so I dont mind paying more for a KILLER PSU but just not now :D

Cool , I hope it runs it for a month or so untill i save for a PSU thanks ELSknutson

15 hours ago, TheWiLDRAT said:

First off , Hi everyone that decided to help , I am currently upgrading my PC and i recently got an i5 3570k and overclocked it to 4.4ghz at 1.21v stable , now i saved for a new GPU and I'm going to buy the MSI GAMING X 8G GTX 1070 , My question is , If I , have both the GPU and CPU overclocked will my PSU just not be able to handle it ?  I read on the forum about my PSU its FSP HEXA 500W 80+ dual 12v rails 18 AMPS each , Will it be able to handle the load or do i have to buy a new one , I know I'm sure as heck going to be better off getting an EVGA PSU , but my budget is tight , thanks ! 

The FSP Hexa is pretty "meh." Also, not all EVGA PSUs are created equal and they have shitty units as well. Make sure to check the PSU tier list in my sig.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

On 25.03.2017 г. at 7:07 AM, STRMfrmXMN said:

The FSP Hexa is pretty "meh." Also, not all EVGA PSUs are created equal and they have shitty units as well. Make sure to check the PSU tier list in my sig.

Yeah , thanks to you i chose a good PSU and didnt spend too much either , got an FSP HYDRO G 650W