Fan control setup - MasterBox Lite 3

I will be running a i5-6400 and EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SuperClocked Gaming single-fan GPU in the CoolerMaster MasterBox Lite 3. Two intake fans and one exhaust fans, a single-fan heatsink and PSU venting heat out the back should be an adequate cooling solution, right? I do not think installing 120mm fans on the sidepanel is necessary as well as decreasing maximal CPU cooler height from 158mm to 133mm.

Trivial question. The ASUS B250M-K mainboard only features one 4-pin CPU fan header and one 4-pin case fan header.

The prices for these set ups are 62.38€ and 27.30€, excluding the heatsink, so quite a saving.

y2.png?20161007

Either fan configuration works fine but you're adding more fans than necessary. The stock cpu cooler and case fans should already be plenty.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You're right. However I often see people complaining about the stock CPU cooler noise levels, and the case only comes with one fan. I am also intrigued by the idea of having long maintenance intervals (speak: dust) by having more intake than exhaust.

Also, some people say it's dangerous to to power multiple fan off one header. It's not like I'll be melting through cables when running two or three fans off one header, right?

7 hours ago, LeonHauptmann said:

You're right. However I often see people complaining about the stock CPU cooler noise levels, and the case only comes with one fan. I am also intrigued by the idea of having long maintenance intervals (speak: dust) by having more intake than exhaust.

2 in, 1 out is recommended config. It will be enough. Though you could see what temps single exhaust delivers.

7 hours ago, LeonHauptmann said:

Also, some people say it's dangerous to to power multiple fan off one header. It's not like I'll be melting through cables when running two or three fans off one header, right?

You can power up to 3-4 off each mobo header. Depending on how many amps each fan uses.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LeonHauptmann said:

You're right. However I often see people complaining about the stock CPU cooler noise levels, and the case only comes with one fan.

What's considered loud varies from person to person. You can always see if it's too loud for you before deciding on whether or not to replace it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.