2 pin fan question

Aleksi134

So i bought akaso adapter yesterday and it goes into a single 4 pin on the mobo and molex on PSU. But my problem is the fans seem really loud hence 2 pin and it only had one 4 pin which i used, but i have 3 fans running on 2 pin. My simple question is how do you control 2 pin fan, can it be done with simply using speefan and if so wouldnt mind some tips i tried putting manual in PWM setting and such but it didnt do much for me.

fans.PNG

I think you can't control it other than lowering the RPM by putting a resistor between the power source and the fan.

Read this for cheap fan control www.silentpcreview.com/article6-page1.html

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Link to which splitter it is? It sounds like 3pin splitter since PWM would have 3 connected pins. Also, are you sure it's powered splitter? Otherwise you should only use either molex or mobo connector.

E: Actually, is it splitter or multiple adapters? And how many wires are connected to part which goes to mobo?

Edited by LoGiCalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What fans, motherboard, and adapter are you using? Which header is each fan being powered from?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have 3 SP120s fans then 1 corsair exhaust fan i have no idea about and 2 Red LED corsair fans other is i think AF120 and one i have no idea about again some red led corsair one. Mobo is Asus pro gaming aura Z170. the adapter is akaso http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Cables&type_sub=Fan Cable Adapters&model=AK-CBFA07-45 thats about the same cable different color thats all. The fan connectors on the cable are basicly like 2 pins are next to each other and one pin is away from the other 2 pins so there is a gap and unless i have 4 pin connector i wont even get a 3 pin connection with the adapter if that would even work.

2 hours ago, Aleksi134 said:

I have 3 SP120s fans then 1 corsair exhaust fan i have no idea about and 2 Red LED corsair fans other is i think AF120 and one i have no idea about again some red led corsair one. Mobo is Asus pro gaming aura Z170. the adapter is akaso http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Cables&type_sub=Fan Cable Adapters&model=AK-CBFA07-45 thats about the same cable different color thats all. The fan connectors on the cable are basicly like 2 pins are next to each other and one pin is away from the other 2 pins so there is a gap and unless i have 4 pin connector i wont even get a 3 pin connection with the adapter if that would even work.

Ok, so thats like powered hub. You have SATA for powering fans and PWM sensor for mobo control. 2 wires it has are RPM and PWM. Since it only needs to send RPM to mobo and PWM signal to fans. DC and GND come from SATA.

So one of 5 male headers has all 4 wired connected. Thats the one which mobo will use for getting RPM. Since only single fan's rpm can be read, make sure all connected ones are close or same to each others specs. You can connect 3pin fans, but if you are using PWM as control method, they will run at full speed. You can't control 3pins and PWM fans from same mobo headers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/26/2017 at 1:04 AM, Aleksi134 said:

As @LoGiCalDrm described, the splitter splits a 12v pwm signal for 4pin fans. 2-3pin fans connected will run at 100%.

If you want to run the fans at a lower speed, the cha_fan headers are 'quiet' headers which supply 5v which is effectively ~40% fan speed. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

As @LoGiCalDrm described, the splitter splits a 12v pwm signal for 4pin fans. 2-3pin fans connected will run at 100%.

If you want to run the fans at a lower speed, the cha_fan headers are 'quiet' headers which supply 5v which is effectively ~40% fan speed. 

I ended up doing a weird solution i guess you could say but i connected exhaust fan to the optional CPU 4 pin slot (wouldnt mind knowing if this is good or bad or neither. And i just have 3 fans on the front running on cha_fan.

6 hours ago, Aleksi134 said:

I ended up doing a weird solution i guess you could say but i connected exhaust fan to the optional CPU 4 pin slot (wouldnt mind knowing if this is good or bad or neither. And i just have 3 fans on the front running on cha_fan.

That's fine.