Chrome virus

Go to solution Solved by ZackCodesAI,
On 3/24/2017 at 1:54 PM, Zackbare said:

Apparently, I found a process on taskmgr named run32.dll , and was definitely not a windows process as I'm on 64bit (I know it doesn't work like that) and it's icon had currupted white file icon, so I right clicked and went to openfilelocation, change the security to my user to full control and then deleted it by killing the process.

Now it's solved.

Thanks Aleks and VVoltor.

So, I don't know how, I didn't even downloaded anything but still I have a virus/malware of google custom search, where whenever I try to search something on goole, it redirects to cse.google.com which is annoying and also the results are sorted and crap.

I tried Malwarebytes

I tried clearing temp

I tried clearing chrome with ccleaner.

-- BSOD : ( --

here's a guide specific for this issue, you seem to have something called a browser hijacker which can take over and force redirect you to suspicious sites. Although it is not malicious or a virus, it can still cause issues and may lead to worse security risks. 

https://howtoremove.guide/remove-cse-google-com-virus/

8 hours ago, Zackbare said:

So, I don't know how, I didn't even downloaded anything but still I have a virus/malware of google custom search, where whenever I try to search something on goole, it redirects to cse.google.com which is annoying and also the results are sorted and crap.

I tried Malwarebytes

I tried clearing temp

I tried clearing chrome with ccleaner.

Try reinstalling chrome?Delete the folder in %appdata% or where ever the chrome data is stored.

Just now, <Aleks> said:

Try reinstalling chrome?Delete the folder in %appdata% or where ever the chrome data is stored.

There's nothing in app data, and I tried ccleaner though

5 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

There's nothing in app data, and I tried ccleaner though

Maybe try changing your default browse engine

Just now, <Aleks> said:

Maybe try changing your default browse engine

Well, everything is fine in edge, and I have lot of data on chrome cloud, so changing browser is not a good idea

58 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

Well, everything is fine in edge, and I have lot of data on chrome cloud, so changing browser is not a good idea

I don't mean like browsers i mean when you search make sure its using google instead of something different.

15 hours ago, <Aleks> said:

I don't mean like browsers i mean when you search make sure its using google instead of something different.

Well, I typed google.com, and then when I search it redirects, so ff annoying.>:(

On 3/24/2017 at 1:54 PM, Zackbare said:

Apparently, I found a process on taskmgr named run32.dll , and was definitely not a windows process as I'm on 64bit (I know it doesn't work like that) and it's icon had currupted white file icon, so I right clicked and went to openfilelocation, change the security to my user to full control and then deleted it by killing the process.

Now it's solved.

Thanks Aleks and VVoltor.