FX series with Direct X12

I have question bcs am in plan to make budget AMD PC.

My plan is to go for FX 8320 or 8350

Graphic card probably RX series 

But here is the catch, I know most of you will attack me with bla bla bla why the FUck AMD, well am big fan most of the time I have used Intel CPU-s but deep in my hart am AMD fan I didnt saw any Improvement on FX serie when it came out with DX11 but now when DX12 came out I see huge improvements on CPU with more cores.

So any advice. Stick with wallet rapers Intel or start to follow my hart.

dx12 is a bit of a failure right now. Go for a kaby lake i3/i5 and you'll get way better gaming performance

or a 1600 :P just wait.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, *DeXTeR* said:

I have question bcs am in plan to make budget AMD PC.

My plan is to go for FX 8320 or 8350

Graphic card probably RX series 

But here is the catch, I know most of you will attack me with bla bla bla why the FUck AMD, well am big fan most of the time I have used Intel CPU-s but deep in my hart am AMD fan I didnt saw any Improvement on FX serie when it came out with DX11 but now when DX12 came out I see huge improvements on CPU with more cores.

So any advice. Stick with wallet rapers Intel or start to follow my hart.

I may be a little bit biased- but going for an FX chip is really not a good idea. IPC of FX/bulldozer chips is super low, the chips overall aren't speedy, and the AM3(+) platform is dead. There will be no upgrade path at all.

just get ryzen.

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

How is this tech news? Did you not even bother looking where you were posting? 

People aren't going to hate on you for going AMD. They're going to laugh at your choice of going with a CPU based on damn near 6 year old tech. If you want AMD and have a low budget wait for Ryzen 3.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

The FX series was horrible. Don't buy it.

If you are an AMD fanboy then get Ryzen. Either Ryzen 7 now, or wait for Ryzen 3/5 that will come out in a few months.

But for the love of God stay away from the piece of shit that is FX.

Also, wrong forum section.

Sorry for the forum section guys I just Join. Yap I know that FX had huge issues, but after I watched couple of videos with FX8320 and RX480 DirectX 12, less stuttering more stable FPS, and really low on budget some around 400€

3 minutes ago, *DeXTeR* said:

but after I watched couple of videos with FX8320 and RX480 DirectX 12, less stuttering more stable FPS

Just don't. We can't tell you to wait for Ryzen 3/5......

But wait for Ryzen 3/5.

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

The FX series was horrible. Don't buy it.

If you are an AMD fanboy then get Ryzen. Either Ryzen 7 now, or wait for Ryzen 3/5 that will come out in a few months.

But for the love of God stay away from the piece of shit that is FX.

Also, wrong forum section.

Few weeks. Ryzen 5 is a few weeks away. 

2 minutes ago, *DeXTeR* said:

Sorry for the forum section guys I just Join. Yap I know that FX had huge issues, but after I watched couple of videos with FX8320 and RX480 DirectX 12, less stuttering more stable FPS, and really low on budget some around 400€

There will be lower budget Ryzen chips as well. I'd say likely around the same price as the 8xxx series CPUs. Buying an AM3 platform is a horrible decision. 

The forums are pretty clearly marked.. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Probably but as I saw prices of Ryzen will not go under 200€

2 minutes ago, *DeXTeR* said:

but you're effectively buying sandy bridge with 8 cores 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

if i wanted a cheap FX i would look for second hand. its great for software development and multithreaded workloads. I bought the orginal 8120 when it came out and I can play modern games at 1080p but i would not buy one now, its just too old.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

if i wanted a cheap FX i would look for second hand. its great for software development and multithreaded workloads. I bought the orginal 8120 when it came out and I can play modern games at 1080p but i would not buy one now, its just too old.

Thats the way where I would probably go. GPU is something where I will spend most of my money.

8 minutes ago, *DeXTeR* said:

You are better off with an i3 than a FX CPU tbh. Or wait for Ryzen 3 instead of Ryzen 5.

I used to have a FX-8350 + R9 290 overclocked. The R9 290 performs almost identical to the RX 480 and the FX-8350 bottleneck the R9 290 by quite a lot. When I bought an Intel CPU my FPS in games almost doubled.

For example Dirt Rally it went from 70FPS to 110FPS.

The Witcher 2 from 45FPS to 90FPS.

CSGO from 150 fps to 299+.

Borderlands 2 from 50FPS to 80FPS.

Where I live an i3 is half the price of the FX-8350. You could try reaching for a GTX 1070 then buy an i5 or i7 later.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

This is the Ryzen 5 series price they are going probably 11.04. this year

• The $169 Ryzen 5 1400, a 4-core/8-thread chip that runs at 3.2GHz and boosts to 3.4GHz
  • The $189 Ryzen 5 1500X, (4 cores/8 threads, 3.5GHz/3.7GHz)
  • The $219 Ryzen 5 1600 (6 cores/12 threads, 3.2GHz/3.6GHz)
  • And the $249 Ryzen 5 1600X (6 cores/12 threads, 3.6GHz/4.0GHz)

1 minute ago, *DeXTeR* said:

Thats the way where I would probably go. GPU is something where I will spend most of my money.

have a look for ex-lease i7's. Iv seen quite a few last year, proper workstations with Nvidia cards and quality components, not the junky ones that can't take a dGPU

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

And this is the last YouTube video that I watched, and am not searching for 150 FPS bcs my monitor is only 75MHZ on 1080p

10 minutes ago, *DeXTeR* said:

And this is the last YouTube video that I watched, and am not searching for 150 FPS bcs my monitor is only 75MHZ on 1080p

In that video it can barely maintain 60FPS for double the price of an i3 (where I live atleast) which can actually maintain 60FPS.

You should not only look at  framerates, you also have to look at frametimes. The FX-8320 is notorious for producing a lot of stuttering even if you are above 60FPS or Vsync.

The FX-8350 is also only on DDR3, so if you want to upgrade in a year or two to a Zen CPU so that your RX 480 would not be bottleneck then you have to buy DDR4.

More in-depth look here:

The FX CPU also needs beefy motherboard VRMs to power which will cost you even more $$$.

Maybe you are all right well probably. Well AMD is always get attacked by everyone bcs people expect to do something new and i know they really trying.

They probably blow up on FX series, I hope to see new Ryzen 5 soon 150€ is my MAX that I can spend on CPU.

29 minutes ago, *DeXTeR* said:

Wait for AMD Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 3!

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

Ryzen 3 is not something that I wait and maybe I buy GPU until Ryzen 5 came out.

2 minutes ago, ApolloFury said:

The FX CPU also need a beefy motherboard VRM to power which will cost you even more $$$.

na similar price to intel. sauce: i have been using a FX-8120 for years

4 minutes ago, ApolloFury said:

You should not only look at  framerates, you also have to look at frametimes. The FX-8320 is notorious for producing a lot of stuttering even if you are above 60FPS.

i dont have this problem. sauce: i have been using a FX-8120 for years

7 minutes ago, ApolloFury said:

The FX-8350 is also only on DDR3, so if you want to upgrade in a year or two to a Zen CPU so that your RX 480 would not be bottleneck then you have to buy DDR4.

it is true FX is not a place you can upgrade from and I would only buy second hand

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Correct Schischka. My friend play a lot of games with his FX 8350 without OC on R9 270 4GB with 12GB 1866Mhz Ram. In some games he had some flickering problems but only when this games are at Beta or they are new on market, and after DX12 upgrade he is so happy, its like reborn of his own PC for price of  0 € or $. Thats the reason why I have made this post I need also experience from players who have FX right now and they testing it to the max.

7 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

na similar price to intel. sauce: i have been using a FX-8120 for years

i dont have this problem. sauce: i have been using a FX-8120 for years

it is true FX is not a place you can upgrade from and I would only buy second hand

I also have FX-8350 for years. You can't just get any cheap AM3 motherboard for the 8-core FX CPU while with an i3 you can get away with anything.

I made a mistake on buying a $100 AUD AM3 motherboard which doesn't have enough VRMs for it to work well and I had to buy another AM3 motherboard of atleast $150 AUD for those VRMs,

With an i3 you can just buy any $80 Intel H or B series motherboard and be done with it.

Oh and those stock coolers on these FX-8320 / 8350 are so damm loud and had to be set to 100% speed for it to not throttle.

No they don't come with the wraith cooler.

20 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

It's not even good for multithreaded workloads. The IPC is so atrociously bad that I suspect even the quad core Ryzen will win in heavily threaded applications.

Ryzen 7 gets about twice the benchmark scores compared to the FX-8350. So if we assume that the quad core Ryzen 5 will be 1800X cut in half, you will still end up with the same performance in multithreaded applications, and waaaaay better single threaded performance. Not to mention the AM4 platform is a lot better too.

So I would definitely not say FX is "good" for multithreaded workloads. I would say multithreaded workloads is the only scenario where it is "not-terrible", but it is horrible at everything else.