Is it illegal to download ISOs from this website?

NTDaws

<Link Removed>

Edited by W-L
Torrent Link

The geek himself.

Errrr... it is

because u are downloading illegally copied software

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

Technically yes it is as it is considered piracy.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

<snip>

In Canada piracy is legal, meaning you won't be prosecuted by the law for doing it. But in terms of copyright that site does not have permission to host it and are therefore in violation. In terms of if it's right or wrong, it's obviously wrong and you should feel bad for being a filthy pirate.

depends on the wording of your laws. in my country it would be illegal. In almost every country possession of digital content that is copyrighted is illegal, but there is sometimes an exemption for having a backup copy of something you own

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

10 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

In Canada piracy is legal, meaning you won't be prosecuted by the law for doing it. But in terms of copyright that site does not have permission to host it and are therefore in violation. In terms of if it's right or wrong, it's obviously wrong and you should feel bad for being a filthy pirate.

Source please?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

20 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Source please?

there's a lot of places (in theory belgium included afaik) where downloading pirated content isnt illegal, but distributing it is.

that's where torrenting is a big target, because with torrents, if you're downloading it, you're also distributing it on to the next person. 

--

on topic: these kind of websites often "try to legtimize themselves" by saying that if you only download the ROMs for which you own the original physial media, you're essentially not doing anything wrong. the issue with that is that everyone who downloads roms for GB/GBC/GBA/DS *totally* owns all those cardridges legally. Depending on your country it may be at least grey zone, but know that it's also at least morally wrong if anything. you may find that doing something morally wrong is justified against some companies, but that is a choice you have to make for yourself, and something no one on this forum will help you out with.

that said, you should probably remove that URL, and refer to the website itself, because even if not the intent, you are essentially spreading pirated content trough the forum by linking directly to the download page.

Any type of ISO is pretty much illegal unless the software/code/licence is free in first place. You haven't read the COC before and you have 3k post? It not downloading from the website is "torrenting" (P2P). 

Magical Pineapples

2 hours ago, MaxBunny said:

Bold part is false. Downloading pirated content (or acquiring by other means, like buying DVD) probably isn't. Unless you do it in large scale. But uploading, reselling or otherwise making available is. So you can't simply say "Piracy is legal" when it obviously isn't.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well, here in Brazil piracy is "almost legal", meaning NO ONE cares about it. And I say its kinda good, because games cost 1/4 of the minimum wage AT LEAST - so piracy is perfect for testing games to be SURE before you buy, or to play them fully and buy after the prices go down (what takes months/even years)

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.