It might be time to throw away our last CRT.

Okjoek

I've still got this little old 13 inch SHARP CRT television and VCR. The VCR I couldn't really care less about, but gosh that TV was a gift alongside my Nintendo Gamecube growing up. Even today without the GC I can still play an old Atari and Activision plug-in controller game systems on it. I haven't been able to watch TV on it in a looong time because everything changed to digital. Soo I guess it's time to toss it, but it sucks to have to throw away hardware that's not broken.

give it away. don't throw it away. probably someone wants a crt still, so just give it to like goodwill.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I've still got this little old 13 inch SHARP CRT television and VCR. The VCR I couldn't really care less about, but gosh that TV was a gift alongside my Nintendo Gamecube growing up. Even today without the GC I can still play an old Atari and Activision plug-in controller game systems on it. I haven't been able to watch TV on it in a looong time because everything changed to digital. Soo I guess it's time to toss it, but it sucks to have to throw away hardware that's not broken.

Store it in a basement or something, don't throw it away

The only real reason to have a CRT anymore is one of two things: nostalgia, or games that use light guns (which I guess still falls under nostalgia).

Somebody out there is probably wanting it, I'd put out a listing and make a few bucks.

DELETE! DELETE!

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Silence will fall.

PSU Tier List - I keep forgetting where this is so I'm going to leave it here.

34 minutes ago, terrytek said:

so just give it to like goodwill.

They will just throw it out, and you are costing them money.

13 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

You could probably sell it for some cash. Not a whole lot but someone local'd probably come by and pick it up.

Well I think now we've settled on putting it in a garage sale bundled with the aforementioned VCR. IDK what I should put on a price tag. 10 dollars? 25? Somewhere in the middle? Honestly I'd happily give it free if I knew someone would get some use out of them.

4 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Well I think now we've settled on putting it in a garage sale bundled with the aforementioned VCR. IDK what I should put on a price tag. 10 dollars? 25? Somewhere in the middle? Honestly I'd happily give it free if I knew someone would get some use out of them.

$10-15 if it's local pickup would definitely be alright.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

14 hours ago, Macimoar said:

The only real reason to have a CRT anymore is one of two things: nostalgia, or games that use light guns (which I guess still falls under nostalgia).

Somebody out there is probably wanting it, I'd put out a listing and make a few bucks.

To be fair, CRTs do have an advantage, especially against older LCD TVs, in terms of latency, where it's almost non-existent.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.