New 1440p monitors? Quantom dot with g sync?

Drizzt

I see samsung has already released a few monitors with ultra wide, curved, quantom dot, 1440p 144hz but they are all free sync.

I literally just bought a gtx 1080 last night, I am building my pc here soon and want to know what I should get monitor wise. I know some good monitors have to be coming soon, part of me wants to buy a super cheap monitor to hold me off and then get the real one when it reveals itself.

Any information would be nice. My budget really just depends on what the monitor has to offer. Ideally around 700, but if I see a nice 1440p, 144hz, g sync (quantom dot seems to be taking over ips) I would happily fork over somewhere just above 1k.

I just don't want to settle for spending 700-1000 on old ips monitors from acer and asus that have a monopoly on the top gsync monitors. They are both known to be plagued with back light bleading dead pixels and many other problems. Something I do not want to get involved with for that kind of money. 

There are a ton of new extremely nice free sync monitors that spec wise seem to outplay many gsync monitors right now. Only problem is amd has nothing to power them (until the vega) and more importantly I just bought a gtx 1080.

What do you guys and girls think? Any suggestions

Just get the PG279Q, IPS, 1440P and gsync, if you play the waiting game you will never get a monitor lol. Yes QC can be hit and miss, just check it over as soon as it arrives. My first PG278Q had issues with flickering, contrast and colours

Replacement has been flawless 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

7 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Just get the PG279Q, IPS, 1440P and gsync, if you play the waiting game you will never get a monitor lol. Yes QC can be hit and miss, just check it over as soon as it arrives. My first PG278Q had issues with flickering, contrast and colours

Replacement has been flawless 

What about the Acer XB271HU?

Also here is the situation I am in, I am moving in 3 weeks. I don't want to build my pc to disassemble it all for the plane. 3 weeks after that I am flying out of the country and will be living in south korea. I have done some research and pc parts are generally more expensive there.

So I will be taking the majority of my parts with me and not building this pc for 6 more weeks! If I buy this monitor here I will want to test it otherwise I will be fucked in korea with international shipping cost for return.

I know it's a mess of a situation in some ways, but I need to make sure if I get a monitor here it is qualit before I go there. And I won't have a pc to test it with before then.

I could just order it over there but the cost of international shipping is extremely high maybe even 300 for a package that size. 

What about Dells G-sync Gaming monitor?  It is a TN panel, high refresh rate, 27" at 1440p.  As well they have the thin bezel that the dell lineup is known for (6mm dead pixels plus 2mm actual bezel = 8mm).  I have a dell monitor and I haven't had any issues with backlight bleeding.  The couple mm of "dead pixels" seem to fix this issue.

Also price wise, it's a bit cheaper.  It's $499 at microcenter.

+1 for PG279Q. I have it and it is awesome!!

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

29 minutes ago, iamatiger said:

What about Dells G-sync Gaming monitor?  It is a TN panel, high refresh rate, 27" at 1440p.  As well they have the thin bezel that the dell lineup is known for (6mm dead pixels plus 2mm actual bezel = 8mm).  I have a dell monitor and I haven't had any issues with backlight bleeding.  The couple mm of "dead pixels" seem to fix this issue.

Also price wise, it's a bit cheaper.  It's $499 at microcenter.

It's junk.  I just sent mine back and many have.  Banding and color issues.  S2716DG

45 minutes ago, BigCountryGeek said:

It's junk.  I just sent mine back and many have.  Banding and color issues.  S2716DG

I have heard mixed views on the IS2716DG. Also PG279Q has extreme issues as well it is a gamble to get a good monitor, but if you get a good one supposedly it is awesome.

49 minutes ago, BigCountryGeek said:

What? just because you had issue with one single panel you can't say the whole product is bad when it isn't and Dell have some of the best QC out of nearly all manufactures.

Did you try to calibrate it? the stock calibration is known to have some issues. decent place to look for more information for dismissing a product.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1577511/dell-s2716dg-1440-144-hz-g-sync-owners-thread

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

wait for the new QD VA panels. I'm waiting too, the IPS models are bad. Backlight bleed like shit, also no HDR.

4 hours ago, alexyy said:

What? just because you had issue with one single panel you can't say the whole product is bad when it isn't and Dell have some of the best QC out of nearly all manufactures.

Did you try to calibrate it? the stock calibration is known to have some issues. decent place to look for more information for dismissing a product.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1577511/dell-s2716dg-1440-144-hz-g-sync-owners-thread

Trust me, i've been in that thread. Many people have banding issues.  I did calibrate it. Mine was better than most in that thread, but it still had issues. I  am not paying $500 bucks for a monitor to have crappy issues like that.  Read the last 10 pages of that thread.  Yes, Dell had some of the best QC.  I've used their monitors exclusivly for years.  Even have the Ultra 34" curved one from them and its great.  This 27" was a crap shoot.

the PG27UQ will still use IPS, just QLEDs are used for FALD lighting. 

the samsung CHG70 and CHG75 use VA with quantum dot, so they might have a better overall picture. or it may not even have a noticeable difference.