My Pc is overheating Please Help

Go to solution Solved by Perry19,
22 hours ago, R3ep3r said:

@Perry19 As far as I can see you have a mATX motherboard which has like 2 fan connectors(that's good), no 8pin for the GPU, also no SATA power cable since you use those black adapters and there on the right bottom end there's a blue light which I guess it's emitted by another blue fan, probably connected to the PSU with another adapter. (yay)

As @Alaa said, I would suggest you mounting the HDD properly and then try buying a better PSU. Indeed it will work with all those adapters but it's better for your RIG to get a new one.

Done. And done. Thanks for the help!

Hi, so my pc is having a overheating issue i think. So when ever I start playing any type of game my pc will stay cool enough to play then after about 10 min it will do a complete shutdown and reboot without warning. I've been watching my gpu and CPU temps and both have been under 50 degrees Celsius while gaming and I'm still having this issue. Does anyone know what other component it could be?

If theyre under 50C i doubt it's over heating - either instability or a PSU related problem, can you list your full build specs? 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Yeah I have a 500w psu from turbolink, a rx 470 armor edition, intel core i3-4330 CPU, 1tb hard drive from wd, and then 8gb of ram

33 minutes ago, Perry19 said:

My pc 

IMG_8501.JPG

Mount the HDD properly, and it's probably the PSU causing this issue

My a-10 rig had kind of the same problem every time I overclocked my RAM. Except the monitor would just go black.

I just updated my bios and it was resolved. Make sure you have stable overcocks, and your bios is up to date

@Perry19 As far as I can see you have a mATX motherboard which has like 2 fan connectors(that's good), no 8pin for the GPU, also no SATA power cable since you use those black adapters and there on the right bottom end there's a blue light which I guess it's emitted by another blue fan, probably connected to the PSU with another adapter. (yay)

As @Alaa said, I would suggest you mounting the HDD properly and then try buying a better PSU. Indeed it will work with all those adapters but it's better for your RIG to get a new one.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Seeing all of those adapters hurts me.

You're potentially pulling 150 watts through the molex connector. It was never designed for that.

It's not a race to the bottom.

turbolink PSU? never heard of "turbolink" maybe they dont sell in my area.

but by the lack of GPU connectors i believe the PSU might be low end generic PSU which may cause the shut down.

18 hours ago, 0x1e said:

Seeing all of those adapters hurts me.

You're potentially pulling 150 watts through the molex connector. It was never designed for that.

Thank you so much. That makes so much sense now. The adapters are pulling to much from to psu and crashing the gpu. That's why it crashes. Noted get a new power supply. Thank you

17 hours ago, TheAvokadoMan said:

turbolink PSU? never heard of "turbolink" maybe they dont sell in my area.

but by the lack of GPU connectors i believe the PSU might be low end generic PSU which may cause the shut down.

Thank you that's Definately the issue. I'm 100% certain

22 hours ago, R3ep3r said:

Done. And done. Thanks for the help!