Best headset under 100usd

PackMaster

I'm looking for a headset under 100 dollars for PC gaming. I play a ton of rainbow six siege and need to hear footsteps really well as it's very important in this game. I was checking out the Logitech 633 and hyper x cloud 2 but What I'm really worried about is best audio quaility under 100 for rainbow six Thanks 

Gaming headset: HyperX Cloud 1 (cloud 2 comes with a extra crappy usb dongle, the rest are the same, from sound to the accessories they come with).

Headphone combo: SHP9500 (open back) + Vmoda Boompro (this is a superb combo, no gaming headsets can come close to it, especially in the price point).

Open back headphone will provide better sound quality & soundstage which will help you play the game better BUT you will sacrifice sound leakage. Not that recommended if you're playing in a noisy environment. But I would still personally go for the SHP9500..

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

29 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

m50x 

You serious right now buddy?

1 minute ago, SSL said:

You serious right now buddy?

not an audiophile, they are the best ones i used.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

not an audiophile, they are the best ones i used.

Nice. Please stand in the corner at the front of the class.

38 minutes ago, crocket said:

m50x is over $100 on amazon. Where is it under $100? If it was actually under $100, I might consider buying it.

amazon on sale

Just now, SSL said:

LINK GAWDAMMIT

on sale, blackfriday, cyber Monday or random sale.  

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

on sale, blackfriday, cyber Monday or random sale.  

Good lord.

Look at the M40x's instead. They are more neutral than the M50x's at half the price. If hearing foot steps is what you are after; they will do a pretty good job.  

The frequency responseof the M40x is more neutral or flatter than the M50x. The M50x is very V-shaped which means the bass and the treble in emphasized. Having owned and now sold the M50x myself they were fun to play DOOM with (explosions) but they weren't very good for CS:GO. Foot steps in CS:GO sound muddy and covered up by gun fire. The M40x's are going to have less bass therefor foot steps will come through clearer. The general rule of thumb for using "audiophile" headphones is huge soundstage and lots of bass is very fun to listen to (aka. DOOM), realistic soundstage and no bass is what you want for competitive play. 

edit: They are half the price!!!

The build is the exact same as the M50x. They are made of plastic which throws people off for build quality. However in my experience they are very solid and taken care of will last many years. 

They are very solid but explaining why 2% of the 1300 people that review the product on Amazon had problems would require a refresher course in statistics, a crash course in manufacturing engineering and some psychology sprinkled on top. None of which I am willing to do at 2am central time. Do your homework. Read 3 and 4 star reviews not 5 and 1 star reviews. Read/watch reviews by professionals (zreview is my personal preference). That is the best way to make the most informed decision about your purchase. 

44 minutes ago, Jdnoss1234 said:

The general rule of thumb for using "audiophile" headphones is huge soundstage and lots of bass is very fun to listen to (aka. DOOM), realistic soundstage and no bass is what you want for competitive play. 

edit: They are half the price!!!

wtf no it isn't, if you want such a rule then it would be V shaped headphones are "fun" to listen to, but that's also BS.

Also a huge soundstage is "realistic", because it makes things sound less inside of your head and more like you are there and things often becomes much easier to pin point with a huge soundstage.

Realistic would be like it is in real life or close to how it is in real life, a huge soundstage will be closer to real life, than a narrow one *cough* m40x *cough*.

OP does open headphones work for you or is closed a must?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Jdnoss1234 said:

Read/watch reviews by professionals (zreview is my personal preference).

giphy.gif

@Dackzy zreviews is a professional now.

1 hour ago, SSL said:

giphy.gif

4S4MWu1.gif.8d07fe20125faf04216c9d4a9d223493.gif

gotta get real drunk before I can believe that.

1 hour ago, crocket said:

They do work for me. Do you have a recommendation for sturdy pairs of open headphones with good or decent sound?

My requirement for sound quality is not high since MDR-1RBT seems to satisfy my ears most of the time although it sounds duller than Creative T20 speakers and LG HBS900 bluetooth earphones.

well that depends on the budget. The Takstar HI2050 are built really well, the same with the DT880, DT990

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

7 hours ago, Dackzy said:

wtf no it isn't, if you want such a rule then it would be V shaped headphones are "fun" to listen to, but that's also BS.

Also a huge soundstage is "realistic", because it makes things sound less inside of your head and more like you are there and things often becomes much easier to pin point with a huge soundstage.

Realistic would be like it is in real life or close to how it is in real life, a huge soundstage will be closer to real life, than a narrow one *cough* m40x *cough*.

OP does open headphones work for you or is closed a must?

Ok apparently you miss what I was getting at. There is a difference between exaggerated sound stage, Realistic sound stage and no sound stage. The M40x's fall into that no sound stage bin, but than again the choices under 100USD  are slim to none. I myself like neutral, most of the time, but then I put on a pair of Vmoda M100's and go "ya bass".

6 hours ago, SSL said:

giphy.gif

Hate him all you want he still makes a living reviewing headphones and speakers.

2 minutes ago, Jdnoss1234 said:

Hate him all you want he still makes a living reviewing headphones and speakers.

"reviewing"

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

"reviewing"

Or whatever the hell else he is doing, talking about vmoda wires, and pads pads all the pads.