Best cooler pick for old AM3 system

Mothballs

Alright, here's the long and short.

I have an old 1090t and i want to jump it to 4.1-4.2 GHz if i can (I've seen people get it stable at 4.4, but that's a 1.58 core voltage... "safe" is 1.55) unsafe temperatures are 60C If I recall. Fully stock, under full load you hit 38C with the stock cooler, in an 18C room.

The Current case is a Antec 900, so that should give you an idea of the limitations for case size. I'm aware the side panel fan has got to go.

I have a Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard and a Corsair HX 620 PSU. GPU is a Gigabyte R9 270. 2x 4gb of Kingston Hyper X DDR3, so the memory isn't ludicrously tall.

There is no Liquid cooling support in this case, so air cooling is the way to go.

I'd like it to not clash with other components looks-wise if possible, but that doesn't take Noctua off the table.

9 minutes ago, Mothballs said:

Alright, here's the long and short.

I have an old 1090t and i want to jump it to 4.1-4.2 GHz if i can (I've seen people get it stable at 4.4, but that's a 1.58 core voltage... "safe" is 1.55) unsafe temperatures are 60C If I recall. Fully stock, under full load you hit 38C with the stock cooler, in an 18C room.

The Current case is a Antec 900, so that should give you an idea of the limitations for case size. I'm aware the side panel fan has got to go.

I have a Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard and a Corsair HX 620 PSU. GPU is a Gigabyte R9 270. 2x 4gb of Kingston Hyper X DDR3, so the memory isn't ludicrously tall.

There is no Liquid cooling support in this case, so air cooling is the way to go.

I'd like it to not clash with other components looks-wise if possible, but that doesn't take Noctua off the table.

NH D15 if notcua

Dark Rock Pro 3 for aestetic (black)

CM Hyper 212 Evo because why not

Cryorig H7 if on budget

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

that's gonna be hard to do with a non-existent card. get a DH-15 or a x62, your mobo and case supports it. 

non-existent?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

NH D15 if notcua

Dark Rock Pro 3 for aestetic (black)

CM Hyper 212 Evo because why not

Cryorig H7 if on budget

Will the hyper 212 actually put up with that much demand? it gets to be about 28+C in the summer, which gives me about 25 degrees of headroom from ambient, and that's not exactly a light overclock for this CPU.

7 minutes ago, Mothballs said:

non-existent?

read wrong

5 minutes ago, Mothballs said:

Will the hyper 212 actually put up with that much demand? it gets to be about 28+C in the summer, which gives me about 25 degrees of headroom from ambient, and that's not exactly a light overclock for this CPU.

a 212 will do just fine, try to save up for a upgrade. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

read wrong

a 212 will do just fine, try to save up for a upgrade. 

Oh, an Upgrade is coming. I just want to push this thing as hard as I can for the next while, and any fan I get can be used on the next system, yeah? (also, I tend to build cheap AM3 Overwatch boxes when I find parts cheap enough, sooooo...)

If a 212 Is acceptable, I might go that route as an interm thing as the smaller tower won't obscure the entire Mobo, plus the price is low.

Alright, got a 212, about 50C under load at 4ghz @1.38 volts. Seems pretty okay.