Fan cleaning

Go to solution Solved by KyleKyleKyle,

Cans of compressed air are what I use, from Walgreens. Otherwise you have to take some stuff apart, but it should be pretty easy. Just take your time and label any screws so you know where they go back onto :D 

I have a asus GTX 1070 dual oc GPU card

recently i try to clean the dust in the fan and i don't know are the fan able to take it off for cleaning?

i see some different brand of card can take the fan off for cleaning

1 minute ago, RickyGAHHH said:

recently i try to clean the dust in the fan and i don't know are the fan able to take it off for cleaning?

Welcome to the Forums!

They are attached to the shroud itself so you can completely take off the top portion either by some clips or screws which is most common. 

10 minutes ago, RickyGAHHH said:

You can take it off, or you can get a air duster from pound land and it will blow all the dust out in like 30 seconds.

or remove the card from the case and blow air down the exhaust port towards the fan. a couple of good exhales should blow the majority of dust out.

27 minutes ago, W-L said:

Welcome to the Forums!

They are attached to the shroud itself so you can completely take off the top portion either by some clips or screws which is most common. 

so just use hand to pull it out?

or i need to unscrew some screw 

3 minutes ago, RickyGAHHH said:

there's a screw or two in the rear holding the card in ( shiny silver bracket/screws ) and there will be some kind of hold down mechanism on the motherboard holding the back of the card ( which either flips/slides ot will move if you pull up on the card ) I would look for the slider or flipper" before yanking on the card.,,,,,,,,, look carefully and watch what you are doing.................. maybe you should just buy the canned air and blow in from the back of the case. ( don't shake the can. it creates moisture ).

8 minutes ago, RickyGAHHH said:

Look for screws wither under the blades or a way to remove the entire shroud as the fans are attached direct to that most times. Don't just pull on the blades. 

Cans of compressed air are what I use, from Walgreens. Otherwise you have to take some stuff apart, but it should be pretty easy. Just take your time and label any screws so you know where they go back onto :D