DVD player doesn`t accept any video formats

SO i have a huge problem. I have my final art project and it is a Video. Problem is, When i burned it to DVD ( MP4 file ) my DVD player does not accept that video format. So what i did, i burned to the disk a .mpg and .m2v files, But when i burned them on DVD and placed DVD to player, It just didnt show up. It sayd only file is that not supported MP4 file. I use Premiere Pro CC for rendering. What should i do? That DVD player does play Movies and Etc. I dont know Its full name but it was not older than 7 years Phillips... 

why can't you use a USB?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

why can't you use a USB?

TV and Player does not support it...  I mean, dont have any...

Just now, FockeSterben said:

TV and Player does not support it...  I mean, dont have any...

i mean, this is your final art project video, and I am assuming that the teacher (you're handing it in, right?) wants to be able to access it

the teacher should have access to a usb port, somewhere.. anywhere. 

in most cases, USB is more accessible than a DVD drive

i understand that this is not your use case, but why a DVD over USB? 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

i mean. We have to bring our own TV and (if needed) DVD Player. My problem is that both of my devices dont have USB ports on them. 

1 minute ago, FockeSterben said:

i mean. We have to bring our own TV and (if needed) DVD Player. My problem is that both of my devices dont have USB ports on them. 

oh, ok

could you move the mp4 file over to a phone/laptop, and hook up the tv to your phone/laptop? 

if not, could you try to downscale the project to 720x480 (assuming NTSC) as this is the standard for DVD video

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

oh, ok

could you move the mp4 file over to a phone/laptop, and hook up the tv to your phone/laptop? 

if not, could you try to downscale the project to 720x480 (assuming NTSC) as this is the standard for DVD video

Could the problem be that i rendered video to 1920x1080?  ( My Tv supports 1366x728) 

Just now, FockeSterben said:

Could the problem be that i rendered video to 1920x1080?  ( My Tv supports 1366x728) 

yes, it might be too high of a resolution for your TV to display

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

yes, it might be too high of a resolution for your TV to display

But what can you say about video formats missing on DvD player?

Oh my god no.  It's not about resolution of codecs or anything.  It's because your DVD player wants a 'DVD Video Disc'.  Just burning files onto a DVD is a DVD Data Disc with video files on it.  A DVD Video disc, that is compatible with DVD Players, has to have an entire format and structure to it's data to meet DVD Video specifications.  You can't just burn a video file to a disc and call it a DVD Video disc.  Go look at a retail DVD in your DVD drive.  It has two folders, VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS, then the VIDEO_TS folder has a whole structure with .VOBs, .IFOs and .BUP files and the like.  These contain all metadata, menu information, and everything else that makes the disc a self-contained piece of software.

YES, some DVD players ADDITIONALLY support DVD Data discs with media files burned onto it, but this is an additional function such function is far from universally available on all DVD players.

On 26/03/2017 at 2:40 PM, AshleyAshes said:

Oh my god no.  It's not about resolution of codecs or anything.  It's because your DVD player wants a 'DVD Video Disc'.  Just burning files onto a DVD is a DVD Data Disc with video files on it.  A DVD Video disc, that is compatible with DVD Players, has to have an entire format and structure to it's data to meet DVD Video specifications.  You can't just burn a video file to a disc and call it a DVD Video disc.  Go look at a retail DVD in your DVD drive.  It has two folders, VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS, then the VIDEO_TS folder has a whole structure with .VOBs, .IFOs and .BUP files and the like.  These contain all metadata, menu information, and everything else that makes the disc a self-contained piece of software.

YES, some DVD players ADDITIONALLY support DVD Data discs with media files burned onto it, but this is an additional function such function is far from universally available on all DVD players.

Even when DVD was at the height of its popularity, lots of people didn't understand this.

It's the same thing as when people get confused when they burn their MP3's onto a CD, and it won't play in their car stereo :P

@FockeSterben you need to get yourself a DVD Authoring program, that will "create" your DVD movie (including Menu structure - though you can sometimes choose a very basic "play" button and not worry about the rest), and then burn it onto a DVD or create an ISO file.

Here are some programs to look at:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-free-dvd-authoring-tools/

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)