Best G-Sync monitor?

AntonChigurh

I'm looking for a new monitor for my build, and I really enjoy G-Sync monitors. I've been looking for one that's at least 1440p, hopefully 4k, but all I could find was stuff like the Acer Predator. And I love the Predator. It's soo good. But I am very fond of my kidneys, and I don't have $1000 to drop on a monitor. So, with that in mind, anybody have any good recommendations for good G-Sync monitors?

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Asus ROG PG348Q?  Lol

Well there is Dell s2417dg and s2717dg. G sync, 144hz or 165hz (overclocked) and g sync too. They are all 1440p 

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The cheapest 1440p GSync monitor I've see is the Dell S2417DG at ~$350. However it's a TN panel if that bothers you. Otherwise you're looking at the ASUS ROG PG278Q/PG279Q or Acer's equivalent which go for ~$700

I recently got an IPS monitor, and I can't tell that much difference between it an TN.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Asus ROG PG248Q?  Lol

Well there is Dell s2417dg and s2717dg. G sync, 144hz or 165hz (overclocked) and g sync too. They are all 1440p 

Sounds good. I've been considering the PB278Q but its not G-Sync :( . Tbh I think I might have picked an impossible quest. G-sync and 4k for cheap? I'm probably only get that if the god of computer monitors comes down and gives me his blessing and I get one for free.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The cheapest 1440p GSync monitor I've see is the Dell S2417DG at ~$350. However it's a TN panel if that bothers you. Otherwise you're looking at the ASUS ROG PG278Q/PG279Q or Acer's equivalent which go for ~$700

Hmm alright

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

Sounds good. I've been considering the PB278Q but its not G-Sync :( . Tbh I think I might have picked an impossible quest. G-sync and 4k for cheap? I'm probably only get that if the god of computer monitors comes down and gives me his blessing and I get one for free.

I meant pg348q but dell ones could work

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I meant pg348q but dell ones could work

Hmm ok

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 minute ago, N1ghtshade said:

You aren't going to be getting much higher than 60fps at 4k, no matter what setup you have.  There isn't much point in G-Sync there.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

You aren't going to be getting much higher than 60fps at 4k, no matter what setup you have.  There isn't much point in G-Sync there.

True tbh

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Cs go? Minecraft? Leage of Legends? Overwatch? Rocket league? Life is strange? 

I'll probably just get a 4k monitor with a good response time and not worry about it

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I recently got an IPS monitor, and I can't tell that much difference between it an TN.

There is such a thing as a color accurate TN panel, but I can't stand that when I look at a large TN panel head on, I can still see color shifting.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

GSync is still useful because otherwise you'll get tearing. 50FPS without tearing is ungodly pleasant than 50FPS tearing all over the place.

True, but I don't play very many Esports games these days. I'm mostly playing games like For Honor and BF1

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Could you pull off CS:GO at higher levels?  I haven't played it.

And if you're geting a 4K G-sync monitor, you obviously care about things looking pretty.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

There is such a thing as a color accurate TN panel, but I can't stand that when I look at a large TN panel head on, I can still see color shifting.

GSync is still useful because otherwise you'll get tearing. 50FPS without tearing is ungodly pleasant than 50FPS tearing all over the place.

In that case, lower one of the settings, or enable triple buffering.

And if you're geting a 4K G-sync monitor, you obviously care about things looking pretty.

Honestly, G-sync doesn't matter that much to me. I just wanted to see if there was any good monitors out there that I wouldn't have to sell a kidney for. I'll probably get an LG 24UD58-B. It's 4k 60hz with low response time, and it's only ~$300

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

1080ti sli can BTW 

But 1440p would be a sweeter spot

main-chart.thumb.jpg.538072526e630a92b5568d49ae587d26.jpg

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

In that case, lower one of the settings, or enable triple buffering.

The first one I can get by, but enabling triple buffering, while it prevents tearing and gives you the most updated frame, still caps your frame rate to the refresh rate or its factors.

3 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Honestly, G-sync doesn't matter that much to me. I just wanted to see if there was any good monitors out there that I wouldn't have to sell a kidney for. I'll probably get an LG 24UD58-B. It's 4k 60hz with low response time, and it's only ~$300

Well that changes things.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

1080ti sli can BTW 

But 1440p would be a sweeter spot

main-chart.thumb.jpg.538072526e630a92b5568d49ae587d26.jpg

I need to go over what the 1080 Ti can do.

25 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

1080ti sli can BTW 

But why would anyone pay $1400 for worse results than a single card?

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

But why would anyone pay $1400 for worse results than a single card?

Because they can

alternatives would be 

Asus PG278QR

Asus PG278Q

Asus PG279Q

Viewsonic XG2703-GS

Dell S2716DG 

Dell S2416DG 

28 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

True, but I don't play very many Esports games these days. I'm mostly playing games like For Honor and BF1

a 1440p 144hz is a nice choice, since you can carry your monitor with you as you upgrade your PC. if the panel is any good then it'll last a long time 

also look into the Asus PG27UQ. it is an upcoming 27" monitor with 4k 144hz HDR QLED / IPS technology, and if that panel is cracked up to be + good QC, then it'll probably be the definitive monitor that'll last practically forever. it's way out of your budget range but i would still keep an eye on it

Because they can

True. Why not buy a gold plated Lamborghini? Because I can. Why not pay $1400 for two GPUs? Because I can

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

36 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

alternatives would be 

Asus PG278QR

Asus PG278Q

Asus PG279Q

Viewsonic XG2703-GS

Dell S2716DG 

Dell S2416DG 

a 1440p 144hz is a nice choice, since you can carry your monitor with you as you upgrade your PC. if the panel is any good then it'll last a long time 

also look into the Asus PG27UQ. it is an upcoming 27" monitor with 4k 144hz HDR QLED / IPS technology, and if that panel is cracked up to be + good QC, then it'll probably be the definitive monitor that'll last practically forever. it's way out of your budget range but i would still keep an eye on it

Hmm alright. Sounds like a damn good monitor

edit: Is there really much of a difference between 144hz and 60hz monitors? Cause I can't seem to find any 144hz 4k monitors that don't cost an arm and a leg

edit to the edit: found one nevermind

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540